• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Baby X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginnypig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi all. Have just brought home our new baby. She appears to be a tortoiseshell shelty. She is making a funny squeeky snuffle sound that ive not heard before. Any ideas on what this might be? Slighty worried. It sounds a little like a fart noise lol but comes from her nose?image.jpg

Aww what a little cutie. I'm sure somebody more kwowledgeable than me on health issues will be along soon but until then I have made your photo full size for you:-)

Awww, she's a sweetie. I have 2 tri-colour shelties. Have you listened to her chest? It may just be her voice
Some piggies do have slightly croaky voices. Is her breathing steady? Is her nose clean and dry?

By the way, I'm in Chelmsford. Where are you?

She's gorgeous. I have a cream sheltie. Hope she's ok and someone with more knowledge than me can help shortly.

It could be a bit of a respiratory infection - either way you need to get her checked out by a vet to make sure as if so it needs treatment.

She's super gorgeous :love: I'm a sucker for shelties!

She is beautiful. I hope her noise is nothing untoward.

Do her sides heave when she breathes? Is she eating ok? I would get her a health check anyway, just in case she has the start of a URI. It could also be allergies, what is she bedded on?

She is stunning! Maybe worth a check up at the vets with the snuffly noise.

Thanks all. Shes not doing it now. Only did it first day we had here. She is eating drinking and running about and even pop corning so all seems fine. She is such a lovely little girl. We have called her Willow x

Thankyou everyone. Really appreciate the help. She seems quite happy and not heard the noise since so maybe she had a sniffle. Bless her heart though... When she wees she gets get fur wet. Already had to bathe her once. Sooo sweet xx

How weird. My Sheltie is called willow too. She gets a butt cut every so often to keep the wee away from her fur. I found this was easier and less stressful for her than a butt wash as she hates water and squeals like a piglet when she hears water :D

How weird. My Sheltie is called willow too. She gets a butt cut every so often to keep the wee away from her fur. I found this was easier and less stressful for her than a butt wash as she hates water and squeals like a piglet when she hears water :D
My Willow didnt seem to mind the bath too much and think she enjoyed the blow dry lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back