New boar

tteegg

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm been given a 10 week warewolf boar. Am I best to get a sow to avoid potential disputes ? and what age can I get him neutered ?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm been given a 10 week warewolf boar. Am I best to get a sow to avoid potential disputes ? and what age can I get him neutered ?
Hi and welcome!

Neutering in English speaking countries won't happen until the testicles start descending between 4-6 months of age and then you have face another 6 weeks post-op safety wait.

Unless we know in which country or UK county you are, we can't help you with recommendations based on what is available or relevant for you to help you work out what is the best way for you proceed. Access to good vets and boar dating rescues differs enormously across the world and even throughout the various countries.

You will find the information in our boar and neutering guides helpful. Boar guide discusses companionship options in one of the chapters and the neutering guide contains comprehensive information on neutered boars and neutering operations.
A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars
Neutered / De-sexed Boars And Neutering Operations: Myths, Facts and Post-op Care

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, can t add to the excellent advice above but wanted to say hello and welcome