New C&C

Two_Wheeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

Before we lost our Higgins, I ordered a 2x4 with a 1x2 loft for my boys. Given all the heartache I've only just been brave enough to put it all together - I'm glad I did as Gibson seems so happy, he even popcorned the other day which he doesn't do quite so often since he's been that bit older! Instead of a 2x4 lid I made it 2x2, and we've covered it with insect fabric (meant for plants) to stop our ever-intrigued kitten slipping his paws through (he sits and watches Gibson for ages, he seems mesmerised by him at times!). We've kept the bath mats and puppy pads, and they work really well! We've turned the loft into a hay loft, which has gone down well!
Any ideas for older piggy-enrichment most welcome! Gibson is still a one-man-band and actually far more sociable than he used to be..
C&C1.jpgC&C2.jpg

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m sorry you lost Higgins - it’s so hard as we love our piggies endlessly. Now that c&c looks lovely. I like the way you’ve created the hayloft. No wonder Gibson is very happy running about in it. In time do you think you might get Gibson a friend ? It might be difficult to consider it just now but for him in the future it would be good. Look after yourself as you cope without Higgins.

Two_Wheeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks, @Roselina
We ahve thought about getting him a companion, but he seems far happier on his own than he did with Higgins - Gibson is quite a simple beast bless him! Of course, if he does look to be pining we will arrange something. I did enquire about a neutered boar at a local Blue Cross but they didn't get back to me, so assumed they were looking for a female herd rather than a lone boarfriend!
I still struggle daily but try and keep my chin up as best I can. I am glad we had this lockdown as it meant I was home everyday from March last year, and got to see far more of my little Higgins than I would have ordinarily..

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ohh my gosh, I love that set up; looks huge. Is that a 4 X 3?! Looks so big for one Piggy. Also love the hayloft. I'm glad he's happy but If I was you I'd consider getting him a friend or getting him neutered and having a herd. (2 sows) 😍 I find that when they have a friend they seem more confident to explore! Glad he's doing so well though :)

Two_Wheeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks @Tara95 it's a 4x2, but seems massive!

He is such a happy fella at the moment, far more so than when he had Higgins chasing him all over the place! I'd love to have a herd but I wouldn't like to put him under GA unless it was for something life threatening, so as and when the time comes we'll find a little rescue boar who needs a home. Trouble is at the moment any kind of 'dating' is well and truly out the window. He's out and about now wandering around and watching the world go by! Also, since being in here his impaction has improved no end - and he seems to squeeze the smaller Maltesers out himself. Can't say I'm sorry to only have to do it once a day..!