• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New cage set up 2021

Tara95

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
received_395251278366084~4.jpegMVIMG_20201231_231814.jpgMVIMG_20210101_165224.jpgMVIMG_20210101_172603.jpgMVIMG_20210101_171821.jpg
Just a few changes I have made with a few new accessories. Decided to get rid of the second story as they were not using it atall and use that space to create a homemade hidey out of C&C grids and a blanket. I have taken lots of inspiration from other people's ideas on the forum with lots of things! So thank you in advance! I have added lots of extra hay areas too :) Happy New Year All, thank you for all your help and support on the Forum. It has given me so much knowledge and ethusiasm for the way I care for my guinea pigs. Stay safe ❤️

Attachments

• MVIMG_20201231_232552.jpg
    MVIMG_20201231_232552.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 8
Ah ha I spy an ikea bed. It looks very popular!

What a great set up. Are those panels clear ie transparent or is it just the light? I have some that look similar bur they are opaque.

What an amazing space for them! It looks great :love:

Ah ha I spy an ikea bed. It looks very popular!

What a great set up. Are those panels clear ie transparent or is it just the light? I have some that look similar bur they are opaque.
Thank you hehe they love the beds especially hiding under them! They are opaque but fairly clear for an opaque window! I ordered normal grids but they sent these by mistake so I decided to keep them. They're not particularly stable though the other day it sounded like the Guinea pigs were squeaking in my bedroom so I went to double-check and it turns out they were in the hallway next to my bedroom as they managed to squeeze through a little hole by nudging one of the grids. So cheeky! Can't believe they all followed each other as well into another room! I'd literally been in there 10 minutes beforehand and they were all inside! 😅😂 Xx

Wow! I rarely get cage envy but... just wow :)
Thank you I used your tent blanket idea to create them a homemade hidey will the C&C grids ☺💖 and tbh their cage is tidier than my entire house 😅 somehow there's more hay on my carpet than there is on the fleece 😂😂

Looks absolutely amazing. do you mind me asking how big the space is? and what you have lined the floor with? I wish I could dedicate an entire room like that to the piggies :D Maybe once the kids have grown up and moved out lol

Looks absolutely amazing. do you mind me asking how big the space is? and what you have lined the floor with? I wish I could dedicate an entire room like that to the piggies :D Maybe once the kids have grown up and moved out lol
Thank you! 🐖☺️ Not atall, the space is around 213cm x 228cm. So just a bit bigger that a 6 x 6 C&C. I just used 2 sheets of 4mm correx and it's SO easy to clean don't think I'll ever need replacing. I measured it to exactly the size of the room so there would be no gaps and it would be secure by sticking two sheets of the correx together :) and haha it's my boyfriend's dressing room so he doesn't wake me up at 4 in the morning when he goes to work! The pigs don't seem to mind sharing with him and I'd say he still has a good 30% of the room for his clothes :P 😂😅

Back