New cage , what glass/ perplex do you use ?

Stretters91

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys ! I currently have a c & c cage in my living room but I’m planning on upgrading to making my own ! With some bookshelves and using some sort of see through material ?

I have my two boats Monty and digby but they can’t live together :(! Poor guys just don’t get on ! So they live next to each other !
just wondering What type of see through material people use and where to get from ? :)

Attachments

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you are in the UK - it is possible to get Acrylic or Perspex custom sized. It’s fairly reasonable and will have holes placed (as you need ) so you can tie/anchor it in place. It’s also very very sturdy / safe/ easy to clean. Google the firms and they will give you a quote.

Monykutzu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I am also looking to buy a couple of perspex sides for my wooden hutch. Can I please ask what thickness you used? I was thinking 2 or 3mm but not sure if that would be too flimsy. Thank you!

dan3008

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Monkykutzu - it all depends how big and well supported it's going to be. Personally I tend to go for 5mm for anything that's in a slot but 3mm is good if it's to be fastened in with screws :)

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve used 5mm for a different project and it’s very sturdy - I had holes pre drilled for ease.
Sounds like you’ve having fun ! You must post some pics whe it’s all done 😊