• FORUM DONATIONS OPEN The forum relies on your help to continue running, if you would like to help keep the forum running then you can find out about donating here

New cage , what glass/ perplex do you use ?

Stretters91

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys ! I currently have a c & c cage in my living room but I’m planning on upgrading to making my own ! With some bookshelves and using some sort of see through material ?

I have my two boats Monty and digby but they can’t live together :(! Poor guys just don’t get on ! So they live next to each other !
just wondering What type of see through material people use and where to get from ? :)

Attachments

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you are in the UK - it is possible to get Acrylic or Perspex custom sized. It’s fairly reasonable and will have holes placed (as you need ) so you can tie/anchor it in place. It’s also very very sturdy / safe/ easy to clean. Google the firms and they will give you a quote.

Monykutzu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I am also looking to buy a couple of perspex sides for my wooden hutch. Can I please ask what thickness you used? I was thinking 2 or 3mm but not sure if that would be too flimsy. Thank you!

dan3008

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Monkykutzu - it all depends how big and well supported it's going to be. Personally I tend to go for 5mm for anything that's in a slot but 3mm is good if it's to be fastened in with screws :)

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve used 5mm for a different project and it’s very sturdy - I had holes pre drilled for ease.
Sounds like you’ve having fun ! You must post some pics whe it’s all done 😊