• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New cage!

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Things haven’t been moved but I’m knackered so that’ll wait, not completely finished but here’s the start of my boys not having to fight for space anymore :) any feedback is welcome!

Gorgeous cage and lovely space for 2 boys.
I would add several more hay areas, and also a few cardboard box tunnels/shelters in between.
Guinea pigs usually prefer less open space.
You could also think about laying a light blanket or towel over one end of the cage to make it feel more secure for them.

They haven’t stopped wheeking since they got in :)
I’ll get on the hay areas and tunnels tomorrow, I’ve always been wary of tunnels because they’re chunky but plenty of space now to make some big ones lol :))

You’ve got the same fleece as me! Love those little ladybirds and the colour hides the poos nicely (at first glance 😂)

It’s an adorable fleece, the ladybirds are gorgeous :) and you’re right lol it’s poo camouflage ... no poo to see here :))

They haven’t stopped wheeking since they got in :)
I’ll get on the hay areas and tunnels tomorrow, I’ve always been wary of tunnels because they’re chunky but plenty of space now to make some big ones lol :))
Wow :) May I ask what were the dimensions of the enclosure they were previously in because this is so exciting to know that a larger cage has made them happier. :nod:

@Ricky it was 152cm if I remember right, don’t remember the width, not big enough at all but they said at p@h that they’d be fine, and I knew no better :( learned so much in the past month, glad they’re finally out of that!

I’ll post here to prevent spamming with my threads - as far as cardboard boxes, tunnels and hides go, could I see some piccies of what people have made? And if the pigs were to chew them would it be ok? Everything they find goes into their mouth lol

We get the piggies wine boxes from Tesco to use as hides. The girls do have pigloos but I took them out when it was hot. They now have a doll bed from ikea though they won’t climb up to the top 🤷🏾‍♀️

I did make some snuggle sacks and cuddle cups in the past for the boys, though don’t know if I have any pics. I’m hoping to make some tunnels as I found the boning to keep the ends open!

Awww spoiled piggies! I gave mine a cheerio box and they seem happy with it but they’re eating bits of it so I’m a little nervous lol

I ended up with 4 carrot cottages, 2 bendy log bridge/tunnels (I used them as tunnels) and two seagrass tunnels for my boys. They were in two joined Midwest cages so each Midwest had the same amount of everything. I'd wake up in the morning and find Comet had moved everything overnight to make his zoomies circuit, they loved it but aye, it was a tad chaotic :flag:

Back