New Cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm so excited, my two boys are in a store cage at the minute but it's too small for them. I decided to try and build a C&C and the grids have just arrived. I've set up the grids and a 2x3 looks huge! I don't have room for the preferred 2x4 at the minute but I think they'll be fine in the smaller size, it has so much extra space! Can't wait to get the correx and build the base. I'm really too excited abut this but I can't help it.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds great :D Maybe you could add an extra level if you don't have enough from for a 4x2? I plan on making a 4x2 too, but I don't think it will fit, it'll end up being a wierd shape :P

J

Jillybean

gus and jack said:
I'm so excited, my two boys are in a store cage at the minute but it's too small for them. I decided to try and build a C&C and the grids have just arrived. I've set up the grids and a 2x3 looks huge! I don't have room for the preferred 2x4 at the minute but I think they'll be fine in the smaller size, it has so much extra space! Can't wait to get the correx and build the base. I'm really too excited abut this but I can't help it.
Are you in the UK? Where did you get your grids from please. I've tried a couple of places but couldn't get them. Thank you.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the UK. I got my grids from screwfix direct, I'll post the link at the bottom. They are mesh grids and you only get 17 but since argos have stopped doing them they are the cheapest ones I found. They're £19 plus bout £5 postage. I think shelving direct do them as well but you have to order over £50 worth of stuff from them and theres a site called Eden shop equipment who do them and they originally look cheaper but they charge more for postage and dont include VAT in the price they show on their website.
If you want the other links just let me know and I'll hunt them down for you, I know I saved them on my pc somewhere.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=IVR1GDY5VS41CCSTHZOSFFI?id=43900&ts=41269

P

penfold118

I have just finished my 1st C & C cage, the boys love it :) I managed to source most materials of e-bay but took me ages to start building cuz i couldn't figure were to start :D I put a day of to one side and just cracked on with it, really chuffed i did and the boys are defiantly happier

J

Jillybean

I know the feeling! Just needing to crack on with it. I've done so much thinking and planning and yet haven't achieved much! I'm bringing mine in for the winter, they're nice and cosy at the moment in shed with infra red lamps but luckily it's not too cold yet. Tomorrow I'm hoping to put down some lino flooring and I've had an idea about using some stretchy trellis stuff & attaching wire to it for the sides. Husband is convinced it isn't going to work - so what a challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.