• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Cavy Savvy vet opened in Denny nr Falkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so so happy to have been told about this new vet. He used to work for a rescue and saw all their piggies. The link to their site is below and I am also pasting their comments from the guinealynx forum where they introduced themselves.

http://www.apexvets.com/contact

I am a veterinarian and would like to introduce myself to the forum.

Since qualifiying at the Dick Vet in Edinburgh in 2004 I have regularly directed my Cavy clients towards guinealynx. Of particular use to my clients have been the care guides available and the Ca:P charts.

My good friend and I have recently set up our own practice and are able and experienced in providing the care that Guinea Pigs require.

If anyone on the forum would like to meet us or come for a no obligations tour round the practice, we would be delighted to see you.

Kind Regards
Glenn Hodgson
Apex Vets

I went with Sandra today too see Apex Vets, and Bette saw Glen the guinea pig vet. I can't recommend him highly enough, open minded and willing to work with you. We will be seeing him in future. Although I hope not often.

Brilliant !

Thanks i need to update the vet's list, so will make sure i add them to it :)

and yes whee hope you don't have to go to see them too often either :{

Great to know this. Can you open a branch in Edinburgh or East Lothian, please? :)

I saw Glenn at this vets today with one of my piggies (Toffee) who had some molars growing towards each other and trapping her tongue under them.

He took her in there and then for a dental and managed it without knocking her out even though the position and state of the teeth made him think initially that he would have to knock her out but it shows he is open minded and willing to try things if its in the interest of the animal. I had her back about an hour later.

He explained everything very thoroughly, let me look into her mouth and even photographed her 'before' teeth to show me the problem.

I cannot recommend him highly enough.

For info: I had previously taken her to my usual vet who I do have the greatest respect for but he wanted to wait until she could no longer eat and her tongue was completely trapped before knocking her out to do it so this was really just for a second opinion as I didnt want to leave her until she was really suffering. I do still trust my local vet (he's been a life saver with my dogs) but it just shows getting a really cavy savvy vet can make all the difference.

I'm so glad you went to see Glenn, I can't recommend him highly enough either, and Nicola the receptionist is wonderful too, and so is the vet nurse! :))

Last edited:
We saw a receptionist called Eileen and she was sooooo friendly. They remembered you and have your card of Bette up on display :)

I must say I was very impressed with the whole team there

Thanks for your recommendation on here which made me make the rather terrifying trip (long story but theyve had more snow and there was a very scary moment on the motorway when a truck covered my windscreen in slush and I couldnt see a thing) but it was WELL worth it and I will be back (in about 3 weeks for a check up).

xx

We saw a receptionist called Eileen and she was sooooo friendly. They remembered you and have your card of Bette up on display :)

I must say I was very impressed with the whole team there

Thanks for your recommendation on here which made me make the rather terrifying trip (long story but theyve had more snow and there was a very scary moment on the motorway when a truck covered my windscreen in slush and I couldnt see a thing) but it was WELL worth it and I will be back (in about 3 weeks for a check up).

xx

Ah fab news, I hope they give me discounts. The amount of people I have indirectly recommended :))! Nice too know Bettes card is on display!

I guess that's why public transport is easier :))!

Do you mind if I copy your comment to somewere else, to give info on his dentals?

lol....they should give you discounts ....they know I went on your recommendation :)

Bettes card is gorgeous BTW - they commented on that too - I saw her pigture on it and went over for a read.....

I actually looked at getting public transport there (because I hate motorway driving due to an incident a few years back) but it looked closer to 2 hours away rather than 1 hr by car and I didnt fancy cancelled trains and hanging about in freezing stations with a poorly piggy ..... but personally wouldve rather let the train take the strain than drive ....

Please feel free to pass my experiences on - the more people visit him and get good service the more chance he/they have to survive and keep treating our piggies....

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back