New Digs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The dog's walked, the rabbit and birds are fed, and the laundry's done. What to do now? Build the new guinea pig apartments, that's what! I'm super stoked about this. More so than the pigs even :) Eagle (the labrador) is assisting by knocking over everything she can with her "I love pigs" tail as well and of course, cleaning up the few poops that I missed! I'll add some photos to this post when I'm done!

Looking forward to see photos of this! :)

Okay. So it's done. After a whole lot of swearing and sweat, it's finished. Not quite what I envisioned in my perfect world but hey, it's not too bad. I ended up just making it a straight about 2.5 feet by 5.5 feet. What I didn't realize was that those darn cubes I purchased are not actually 1 foot squares. Ahhhhh! So I bought my coroplast in 2x4 pieces and cut my fleece material to fit a 2x4 cage. I can fix the material so it'll fit but I had to do the coroplast in three separate pieces. Oh well! Here are some pics. I got new fleece with little doggy footprints on it. They kind of have a little tartan decoration going on with paws all over. I got one in green and one in blue! I haven't sewn them yet but when i do, I'll put up more photos! There's a random photo of Jude the rabbit in there- she wants photo attention too :)

Attachments

• photo 3-2.webp
    photo 3-2.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 2-3.webp
    photo 2-3.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 1-2.webp
    photo 1-2.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 4.webp
    photo 4.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 18
  • photo 3.webp
    photo 3.webp
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 2-2.webp
    photo 2-2.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 1.webp
    photo 1.webp
    59 KB · Views: 15
Eagle sounds adorable.
Lol! She is! Has to be the best dog I've ever owned and the first lab I've ever had. She's kind of like the opposite of a lab though. Super calm, isn't too interested in playing with other dogs- just wants a sniff and she's happily on her way. Likes to sit upstairs on the bed rather than watch television with us. I used to think there was something wrong with her Hahaha! 9 years old and not a speck of grey on her and considering she came from a lady that had a small breeding operation on her acreage, I think she's done pretty well. She's a funny lady :)

That's great! I'd love to have some piggy apartments in my room. :) But hey, you never know what might happen! The other day my dad mentioned something about building a multi-level guinea pig cage... not sure what that was about! :))

Wow, your animals are very lucky!
I love your labrador too. I have a black lab called Dream who is very calm and also like the opposite of what you expect a labrador to be. He has been so easy, and I'm so lucky to have him. He loves the pigs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back