• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New features on the forum

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to MattW today we have upgraded to Xenforo 2.1, what this I hear you cry... actually you don't do you... you sit silently wondering what I am on about.

This thread will just let you know what has been improved and will make a nicer (hopefully) more interactive, fun experience for you

1. Push Notifications

They will look like this below

Push notifications are neat :) They can be set to alert you at the bottom of your screen when someone replies to a thread you have made, or a conversation. There are lots of settings so take a look :)

You can access them by going to your account > Preferences

Then you have lots of option for them, should you wish to disable them then untick the ones you don't wish to trigger alerts for. Or to Disable all you will see a BIG green button!

2. New ways to react to posts

Like! Love! Laugh! Wow! Constipated... erm Sad! just click the like button on a post to select

Constipated has been removed......

Thanks to MattW today we have upgraded to Xenforo 2.1, what this I hear you cry... actually you don't do you... you sit silently wondering what I am on about.

This thread will just let you know what has been improved and will make a nicer (hopefully) more interactive, fun experience for you

1. Push Notifications

They will look like this below

View attachment 108935

Push notifications are neat :) They can be set to alert you at the bottom of your screen when someone replies to a thread you have made, or a conversation. There are lots of settings so take a look :)

You can access them by going to your account > Preferences

View attachment 108937

Then you have lots of option for them, should you wish to disable them then untick the ones you don't wish to trigger alerts for. Or to Disable all you will see a BIG green button!

View attachment 108938

2. New ways to react to posts

Like! Love! Laugh! Wow! Constipated... erm Sad! just click the like button on a post to select

View attachment 108939

Constipated has been removed......

Unfortunately, the 'sad' icon has also been removed. Can we please have it back to help us express sympathy?

I see that the envelope icon is unfortunately back for private messaging; that is going to increase the number of new members mistaking it it for starting a post on the forum again. :(

Unfortunately, the 'sad' icon has also been removed. Can we please have it back to help us express sympathy?

I see that the envelope icon is unfortunately back for private messaging; that is going to increase the number of new members mistaking it it for starting a post on the forum again. :(

As long as sad gets used that way then I will dust it back off.....

Its back!

I'll need a youngster to explain what half of the new emoji s mean

I know an aubergine is rude …. but I don't know why …. ( seriously :fog:)

Mind you , I've never understood what this one …. :bronco:… means either

I'll need a youngster to explain what half of the new emoji s mean

I know an aubergine is rude …. but I don't know why …. ( seriously :fog:)

Mind you , I've never understood what this one …. :bronco:… means either

You don't want to know... All I'm going to say is don't send an aubergine to anyone :))

Back