• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Fleece Is All Done! Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarandbubble

New Born Pup
Reaction score
That looks great! :clap:

I generally brush up the poo once a day, though I will give it an additional quick sweep if I notice it looks particularly messy.

Great job! I usually spot clean when the cage looks in need (1 or 2 times a day).

Thank you! I tried to make a litter area because they always potty in the pigloo, but they are just sleeping in it and potting everywhere else. Ideas? Once I add the extra set of grids, I'm going to get more piggies, so I need to figure something out.

I have the same fleece as you! I'll get a pic for you with the fleece and pigs after it is done getting cleaned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 2
That looks awesome! I love that fleece!
I usually go on poop patrol with the dustbuster before each meal (twice a day) so they know food is coming when they hear the little hoover. They chase it around and popcorn all over the place :)

It's from Jo Ann fabrics, I got it on good sale for President's Day here in the US. They have a website that you could probably get it from, but I'd wait for a sale otherwise it's $13 per yard or £8 ish. Mine was only $5.19 per yd, so £3.37.

How big is your cage?
That looks awesome! I love that fleece!
I usually go on poop patrol with the dustbuster before each meal (twice a day) so they know food is coming when they hear the little hoover. They chase it around and popcorn all over the place :)

Thanks! How do you deal with the kitchen area? Mine has that funky odor going on. I saw a neat idea on another forum, aspen chips under the fleece layer instead of towels, apparently works even better. Have you tried that?

Thanks! How do you deal with the kitchen area? Mine has that funky odor going on. I saw a neat idea on another forum, aspen chips under the fleece layer instead of towels, apparently works even better. Have you tried that?
In the hay loft I just use puppy pads held onto the sides of the correx using hair clips (regular bobby pins). The puppy pads are changed every day if they get peed on and are great for odor control.
I have their food bowls down in the main bit so little accidents get soaked up. I use a bit of zoflora in the wash for the fleece to get rid of any smells and kills any bacteria lurking. I suppose any pet safe disinfectant would do the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back