• Issues with online booking at The Cat & Rabbit Clinic in Northampton. Read more here
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

New fleece!

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
Oh I hadn’t got enough to do upstairs and need to put something on ramp this eve too!

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
Think they should be ok; put newspaper in wee corner, not sure if I should tho?

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
You could get a litter tray rather than the newspaper and put some hay in it! They need plenty of hay on tap. They won’t fully litter train but it will help to keep most in one area.

I got this one for £3 from Morrison’s today
Ooh I like that, I will pop to Morrison’s tomorrow and buy one. I will put lots of hay in with them so hoping they are happy. Think they wondering what it is on their feet at mo as super soft!

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
Me too! I’ve only had mine a week 😊 Looks like you’re in the process of a great set up there 👍🏻 Xx
Hope so we want them to be happy, they still so nervous tho and had a few weeks now just takes time I guess

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
4 months now, both born end Jan, our first pigs and so in love! Just trying to understand all the noises they make now!

Flutterby

PHOTO COMPETITION WINNER
Forum Donator 2017/18
I use a litter tray piled with hay, but don't put hay anywhere else.

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
I use a litter tray piled with hay, but don't put hay anywhere else.
Is the tray for the eating hay? Not quite sure where mine are using loo with fleece lining yet, when they go out on grass tomorrow will wash the fleece and air it. Does anyone know how often you wash the fleece or a way to try and encourage one place for wees?

EmmaW

Junior Guinea Pig
I have a hanging hay cage for mine to eat from so they've always got clean hay to eat, they do sometimes eat the "toilet hay" if the cage is empty though 😆