• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Guinea Pig Owners, Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnmoon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all

We are thinking of getting an outdoor run for our new piggies, are they likely to dig there way out?

Thanks.

Autumn and moon

They do blink, but not often. Their tears are thicker than ours so their eyes stay moist for longer without blinking. I don't have an outside run because our summer season is too short to make it worthwhile, but I do put my pigs out in a moveable pen in the summer time and have never seen them even make an attempt to dig. They pretty much just eat or snooze.

You know when you cuddle your pigs and they squeak
are they saying something or are they just squeeking for the fun of it and they can't help it :hmm:

Favourite things are their cute noses and lips and how they flop on my chest when they are comfy.
When they are squeaking they are usually talking, might be "I have run out of lettuce" , "I need the loo" , "I have run out of cucumber" , " don't scratch there, higher, that's it" or "I have run out of apple" as you get to know them you will learn who wants what and the ways they will tell you. Often their conversations are food related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back