• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Home, New Neighbours....

Status
Not open for further replies.

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
...and new fleece to lie on!
I moved Aspen and Cedar into the pig-room next to Beano and Dandy this morning. I had a spare Trixie box and put that in the corner for them to sleep in. They seem to like it.
They like crawling underneath and chewing the bottom, too! Bad girls!
Aspen likes the new fleece under the wooden bridge. I have seen her relaxing there several times.
I'm not sure whether to leave it like that, or get them a wooden log cabin and a grass hut. Those big Trixie huts take up a lot of space. They may prefer having separate sleeping areas.

IMG_4377.JPG IMG_4378.JPG

Aww lovely set up! I think your cage is big enough to have the trixie hut without it taking up too much of the room :)

I like the hut. Seems cosy. Cute picture of the sleeping piggy too. It's a lovely roomy set up. Don't the piggies pee on the carpet though?

I like the hut. Seems cosy. Cute picture of the sleeping piggy too. It's a lovely roomy set up. Don't the piggies pee on the carpet though?

:DAspen and Cedar have been quite good so far, and seem to be using the grass tunnel as their toilet. Of course, it goes through onto the carpet underneath. I cleaned it up this morning and put another carpet tile underneath the tunnel.
Cedar was a naughty girl last night. Woke me up at 5 am, chewing on the bars and wouldn't stop! You'd think she wanted to get in next door with Beano and Dandy. I put a bit of Correx in front of the bars. She got in behind it! I put the wooden bridge up against the Correx so she couldn't get behind it. She jumps up on top of the bridge! Cedar is the ONLY piggie I've ever had who climbs up on top of the wooden bridge! I am keeping the Correx handy in case I need it again tonight!

Oh wow I love your set up! I've always liked those trixie house things, Would never be able to fit that into my ferplast though! Maybe one day, if I ever get out of here! haha.

So cutee though, I love taking cheeky photos when they're sleeping! makes my heart melt! :love::love:

Look at Aspen's little feeties :love:

:DAspen and Cedar have been quite good so far, and seem to be using the grass tunnel as their toilet. Of course, it goes through onto the carpet underneath. I cleaned it up this morning and put another carpet tile underneath the tunnel.
Cedar was a naughty girl last night. Woke me up at 5 am, chewing on the bars and wouldn't stop! You'd think she wanted to get in next door with Beano and Dandy. I put a bit of Correx in front of the bars. She got in behind it! I put the wooden bridge up against the Correx so she couldn't get behind it. She jumps up on top of the bridge! Cedar is the ONLY piggie I've ever had who climbs up on top of the wooden bridge! I am keeping the Correx handy in case I need it again tonight!

She sounds like a bit of a handful! Bet you wouldn't have her any other way though? I used to have a piggy who chewed the bars relentlessly all through the night. He would drive me crazy. In the end I ended up blocking off a big part of the cage with correx so I could get some peace.

@7squeakers. Awwww :)What is that trixie box actually called? & where did you get it? I can't find it on Amazon. I love it.

:D Hi, @Coco&Luna , The wooden sleeping boxes are called Trixie Natura hides or houses for outdoors. Pet Planet are doing them for just £17.49 right now! :tu: Search "Trixie Natura Rabbit Home" .
I have got them from Amazon in the past. They have them for £33.60. Zooplus also do them for £39,90 at the moment.

:D Amendment to above post; Pet Planet have discontinued the Trixie Natura huts. I didn't see that when I looked at the page on the website. Sorry!

Search "Cool Pets Wooden Rabbit Box" on Pet Planet site. Currently £27.99. Identical to the Trixie huts.
Or " Rabbit Shelter by Pet Planet" £22.99, much the same but with bolt on door.

Last edited:
@7squeakers. I just bought it with 3 grass nibble seed trays and a treat ball for £29 on zooplus while I was sitting at my desk in work. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, I WAS ON A SPENDING BAN!
I need banned from the internet.
I just realised after I bought it too that Luna probably won't even be able to get up the ramp either, I'm hoping Stanley will make her jealous swaggering up and down it and she'll forget all about her old knackered pelvis and be a rebel. Ha.

Hi, @Coco&Luna
Yes,I think those ramps are rather steep. I have cut 1.5 inches off the legs of all of my huts so the ramp isn't so steep. It also stops the piggies from hiding underneath! :tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back