• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Home

Hannylou

New Born Pup
Reaction score
IMG_20201001_162004.jpg
Just bought a Ferplast Plaza 140 which is HUGE! ( Yet amazing !)
What do you liner with , I've been using newspaper in the their hutch , but wondered if that was the best to go underneath the saw dust.
Also got them a cute new house

Attachments

• IMG_20201001_162032.jpg
    IMG_20201001_162032.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 8
I love when guinea pigs go into a new cage for the first time, they get so excited!

I used to use bamboo paper under my wood shavings before I switched to fleece. They were ridiculously absorbent and could last a couple of days.

Thank you all,
I've come home to see hubby has set it up whilst I was at work. He has put down an old fleece blanket on one end . I've decided now it's getting wet / cold , to have them in the garage for the winter .... Is that a bad idea ?

Thank you all,
I've come home to see hubby has set it up whilst I was at work. He has put down an old fleece blanket on one end . I've decided now it's getting wet / cold , to have them in the garage for the winter .... Is that a bad idea ?

is there something absorbent under the fleece?
its absolutely a good idea to bring them indoors for winter. Being out of wind and rain is so important for guinea pigs. However, as it’s a garage and they are often cold, do still ensure their cage is kept warm - snugglesafe heat pads and a blanket over their cage will help. does your garage have windows?

is there something absorbent under the fleece?
its absolutely a good idea to bring them indoors for winter. Being out of wind and rain is so important for guinea pigs. However, as it’s a garage and they are often cold, do still ensure their cage is kept warm - snugglesafe heat pads and a blanket over their cage will help. does your garage have windows?
I am not sure , I'll have to see what hubby has done , is it worth getting a doggy training pad or some newspaper?
Our conservatory backs onto the garage so there is a door to the garage, hubby also put the light on

I am not sure , I'll have to see what hubby has done , is it worth getting a doggy training pad or some newspaper?
Our conservatory backs onto the garage so there is a door to the garage, hubby also put the light on

you need something absorbent under fleece such as puppy pads. Newspaper doesn’t really work as it tends to stay wet for much longer which can allow the fleece to remain damp.

They don’t need the garage light left on, but access to some natural light during the day (without exposing them to temperature fluctuations) would probably be a good idea.

you need something absorbent under fleece such as puppy pads. Newspaper doesn’t really work as it tends to stay wet for much longer which can allow the fleece to remain damp.

They don’t need the garage light left on, but access to some natural light during the day (without exposing them to temperature fluctuations) would probably be a good idea.
Thank you , I will look into that , I personally didn't want a fleece as it's a plastic cage so easy to clean.
The garage is a good space , no cars go in there , just cycle bikes :)

Back