• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Kid on the block!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

Hi, Over the weekend I have acquired a new member to my household, he is an agouti about 5 months old and he had been abadoned on a common! Somebody thought he was a rat then realised he didn't have a tail! called me because I already have a couple of boys so I took him home. He's quite calm and clean. My problem is that since he has been around the original two have started squabbling (they don't live together just play out together) because they can hear a stranger in their midst! I did try him with my baby one who was ecstatic and humped him sooo much in the end the were just doing piggyback riding becuase my baby one's feet didnt even touch the floor! My older one is not really interested in other pigs at all - its they baby one who's trouble! Will they all settle down or will I not be able to have three play out together - if not I'm gonna have to rehome the new boy. (Sorry its so long)

aww welcome to the new little one :)

You said that one of your boars is alone. Keep him alone and introduce the other two together?

Jovi and Titch have been together over a week now and both still hump a little, but they get on well. Like yours, Jovi jumps on Titchs' back so more like a piggyback too!

I have never had all of my boys out in runs together cos I just know that they wouldn't get on. :)

No they all live in seperate cages just playout together. The new boy and my baby are still too rattley with each other to attempt a cage - I think. Its only the little one though he's relentless just constantly on at the new one chasing him etc it all moves very quickly!

ah right! :)

Why not try the younger two out in a run together for a while? They will chase and hump for a while :)

I don't have a run, I live in a studio flat so its a freeforall! I just open doors when I get home and everybody runs around! Under my bed is favourite they have allsorts under there - tunnels, towels (frequently changed!), baskets - they love it! its just the new boy is getting permanently pursued by the baby - he's relentless been like it since last Tuesday! They do quiten down after a hour or so though do you think I should put them in a clean cage together or just carry on letting them play out every night. The old boy just goes to his own quite corner or goes home if he gets fed up with the other two tearing around!

LOL :)

Personally, I would try them out in a cage together and see how things go. Like I mentioned before, two of my boys are now together and get on just fine with the odd humping and chasing each other! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back