• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Merrypigs Intakes Round 2!

Wheekallweek

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So we picked up three more piggies yesterday, one boar and two sows. We believe they’ve all been living together with their three babies which the owners is trying to rehome this week. All in a double story hutch outside, no hay or food bowl in sight, no bedding just a carpet of poo. All three are very very skinny and very very hungry! Owner has had them from youngsters from a breeder, not sure how old they were, thinks the boar is neutered but not sure (presumably the breeder didn’t do it and neither did they, and at 5 months with no signs of surgery seems unlikely!)
Piggy one is Flint, 5mo slate grey sheltie boar weighing in at 602g. Has seizures according to owner, brother died after having one. “Stargazes” when you hold him, have yet to see a seizure but believe his head twitches, body goes floppy. Very very shy and quiet. Too young to tell for sure whether he’s been neutered or not but we’re pretty sure he hasn’t.
Piggy two is Dolly, 1yo sow weight in at 900g which sounds ok but she is a very large pig! Apart from being very skinny seems ok, the three babies they were living with are hers so she’s already had a litter, of course she is now on pregnancy watch along with...
Piggy three, Button. Again, 1yo sow on pregancy watch, no previous litters as far as we’re aware, weighing in at just over 600g. Like a skeleton, absolutely heartbreaking. Incisors vet chipped and misaligned.
So off to the vets for all three! I just hope the girls aren’t pregnant :(

So piccies!

Flint (sorry for the bad picture, he’s very very shy)
C9C236D2-4F45-4FFA-998D-63A8C2D45510.jpeg

Dolly (left) and Button - look at the size difference considering they’re both a year old!
498D7952-19E4-409A-9A21-4EFA6C9533C5.jpeg

Poor skinny Button :(
E5FEF8E9-8A8B-46EF-A3A6-49C5BC92121F.jpeg A67ECDAA-D511-4F44-9EA5-284FCDD79BAF.jpeg FF2CBA91-FD5A-4FFA-9F7C-8C222087AC41.jpeg

I'm glad these piggies have found you ! hopefully all will find there forever homes.when they have all recovered from there difficult ordeal..

Poor little ones :( They are gorgeous, glad they have found you!

Thanks guys, glad they’re with us now. Dolly and Button have come out of their shells a bit, they love sitting in their hay tray together munching away! They also wheel for their veggies!
Flint however is still very very shy, I’ve caught him out of the snuggle sack in his bedroom a couple of times in the hay tray or having a drink but he scuttles away if he sees you. We’ve yet to hear him make a sound.
Earlier rescues Jitterbug and Boogie have cheered up no end though! They were so depressed when they arrived we weren’t sure they’d come round; now they come to the bars for food and nose strokes, love a fuss and Boogie has even started wheeking!
So I suppose it’s good news all round. Will try and weigh the newbies again tomorrow to see where they’re at.

@Tim haha no more piggies! Hope Hans and Otto are getting on ok x

Reactions: Tim
@Tim haha no more piggies! Hope Hans and Otto are getting on ok x
They are lovely boys :love: However, I’m starting to get the jist of their personalities. Hans without a doubt could do with a visit to the plum fairy sooner rather than later whereas Otto is more of a chilled out kinda guy, loves chatting to Larry and Barry and they tolerate him too, perhaps spare him the visit to lose his plums? :hmm: x

Hmm now there’s an idea! Good thinking, will ask Amy. Once there’s a space Hans could come back first then x

Reactions: Tim
Hmm now there’s an idea! Good thinking, will ask Amy. Once there’s a space Hans could come back first then x
We don’t mind looking after Hans post bollie removal ;) x

Last edited:
Back