• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

New/old Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggyfan

Oh I hope you get him! He is gorgeous. What kind of dog is he? I made the picture bigger for you.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He's a cocker spaniel mix that is 13 years old. He's been returned twice now after being rescued from Mexico because his previous owners didn't feel that he fit the lifestyle when they decided to have babies. No babies for me, so he'll be happy here!

P

piggyfan

That is so sad. Luckily he will have his forever home with you. I hope Eagle likes him too.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I should be hearing sometime today! It's all volunteer based so I'm sure they are at work now, so I'm probably going to have to wait until this evening :( Soooooo long lol! I will post if I hear from them!

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh hes sooo lovely! He looks quite similar to my old dog.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, they called back and we've been approved for adoption but there is a lady ahead of us that wants to adopt him so we are also going to meet this guy as well- his name is Jeremy and he is 12 years old and is a cocker spaniel whose owner is unfortunately now in the hospital care.

1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So we are adopting Jeremy! He's an absolute sweetheart and Eagle also appears to be quite smitten with him, they were both very polite :) Lots of wiggly bums! He's going to see his previous owner for the last time this week (unfortunately he has Alzheimer's, but he still remembers his dog) and will be coming home with us this weekend! I'll post pics!

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so pleased for you. But so sad for Jeremy's previous owner :( How awful to have Alzheimer's and loose everything, even your dog :(
I'm mystified how anyone could rehome their dog just because they had children, unless the dog was dangerous though? I have children and animals, everyone co-exists just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.