• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi468

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I posted a while back wondering if I should get another pig for Midnight. Since then, I have been wanting to, but have not taken the plunge. I recently posted a thread explaining that I was going on vacation and wondering what to do with Midnight (everything ended up being okay, thank you for all of the advice). When I got back I felt that Midnight seemed a bit sad and lonely. So I made an agreement with myself that I would call my humane society and see if they had any pigs, and if they did it was meant to be, if not, oh well. They didn't. So the next day I was at the pet store with my SO and we were just looking at pigs and the only one there was a female. I asked the associate about it and he said well I'm pretty sure the rescue pig we just got is a male, and sure enough, it was! My local pet shop takes in surrendered pigs and other small animals and exotics and sells them for less than regular price. I felt it was meant to be. He is home now, and settling in. He is shy but doesn't seem to enjoy being in the hut, so I put a blanket over most of his cage so he feels safe outside of the hut. I'll be quarantining him for two weeks and then try to bond he and Midnight! Midnight is three years old now and quite calmed down, so I think it will be a perfect match. I don't know how old the new one is (he doesn't have a name yet), but based on his small poops I'd say he's young. He has looooots of fur so he looks bigger than he is. I couldn't get great pictures, but I'll post what I have. I am forever grateful for this forum and all of the advice I've gotten over the years. I will be using it for many more to come!

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

Also, I know the cage he's in is tiny. It's temporary until I move him into midnights cage, which is big enough for the both of them for now until the end of summer when I expand it. It is now a four by two C&C cage.

Congratulations! He's such a handsome little guy! :drool: Hope the bonding goes well!

Thank you! I've discovered he's Sheba mini yak

Wow! I've heard a little about them before, so I Googled it after hearing about your little guy.

Just though you would want to see this quote I found, "They are also known as the "Bad Hair Day" Cavy and but they are adored by many because of their lively and cheerful attitude. They are a very friendly breed." -GuineaPigMall.com

Sounds like you have a fun little guy on your hands, and I can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Wow! I've heard a little about them before, so I Googled it after hearing about your little guy.

"They are also known as the "Bad Hair Day" Cavy and but they are adored by many because of their lively and cheerful attitude. They are a very friendly breed." -Guineapigmall.com

Sounds like you have a fun little guy on your hands, and I can't wait to see more pictures of him! :)
That is exactly how he is! Even though he's scared, he's still out and about and doesn't mind going about his business without me watching. He's also very chatty.

That is exactly how he is! Even though he's scared, he's still out and about and doesn't mind going about his business without me watching. He's also very chatty.

He sounds like quite a cheerful little chap! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back