• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My friend and I answered a free-ad offering free guinea pigs and rabbits. Without going into too much details, the guinea pigs weren't in a good way so we've removed them. A rescue has assessed them, and they are all suffering with mites, a few of them including 2 sows with recent litters, very badly, almost bald in fact >:(

But I'm afraid we couldn't leave them all at the rescue ::) so I'm now the new mummy to two boars about 8 and 12 weeks old and my friend to one 12 weeks old and an older boar. If the babies survive I'm hoping to get one to try with Fudge in a few weeks. We've treated them with ivomec on the back of their necks and have been told to repeat it in 10 days.

Questions I have are:

What if anything should I bathe them in
Is there anything else I should do
I've called one Hurley (after character in Lost) but need ideas for another 'H' name Suggestions welcome !

They are really really really cute and I hope they're going to be ok :)

Kathryn

mum now to MJ and Pippa (buns) and Fudge, Hurley and H?

Hi Kathryn :)
Cant offer any advice I'm afraid but I'm glad you got the pigs out of there.

Erm...the obvious H Name...Harry?!

Mandy
ps. sure you'll post on RU about them...but how were the rabbits at the house?

Hi Mandy, have pm'd you :)

ps Audrey's gorgeous, well done for giving her a home

Kathryn xx

Didn't know if anyone wanted to see Kathryn & my new piggies!

The little 'uns (Kathryn has the one on the right and one of the others, not sure which, will have to see what colour mine's front feet are!):
CIMG1054.jpg

And the older one I've brought home (he's the one at the back):
CIMG1052.jpg

Gemma x

Awwww Well Done to you two, they're lovely, the 1 on the left and the middle one look like twins ;D

kayjay said:
Questions I have are:

What if anything should I bathe them in
Is there anything else I should do
I've called one Hurley (after character in Lost) but need ideas for another 'H' name Suggestions welcome !

They are really really really cute and I hope they're going to be ok :)

Kathryn

mum now to MJ and Pippa (buns) and Fudge, Hurley and H?

Hi Kathryn
They're cuties, bless them :)
A few H names.......... Harley, Hector, Homer, Herman, Humphrey, Herbert/Herbie, Hugo, Huxley & Hamish (of course ;))
Not sure about what to use for the 8wk old piggy, i'd ask Chrissie at GG, her products are working wonders on the W's skins :)

I also was going to suggest Chrissie at GG, well done you on rescueing such sweeties, how some people can live withthemselves is beyond me, I feel bad if I step on a slug, and i hate them,

Mines the one with the two white front feet :) They're fine this morning, they move like little rockets, really hard to catch but quite happy to be held, soooo cute

I'm trying to decide now between Hector, Herbie and Hugo, it's the twin one who hasn't got a name yet

Kathryn xx

kayjay said:
Hi Mandy, have pm'd you :)

ps Audrey's gorgeous, well done for giving her a home

Kathryn xx

Aw, thank you.

They are really lovely, I like the name Hugo :)
xx

Definitely Hugo and Hurley :) Hugo is the 'twin' and Hurley is the smaller one with longer hair.

Can anyone tell from the piccy what kind Hurley is? Just wondering how long the hair will grow to. I don't think he's an aby as there's no rosettes unless they come later?. Whatever he is he's dead cute!

kayjay said:
Definitely Hugo and Hurley :) Hugo is the 'twin' and Hurley is the smaller one with longer hair.

Can anyone tell from the piccy what kind Hurley is? Just wondering how long the hair will grow to. I don't think he's an aby as there's no rosettes unless they come later?. Whatever he is he's dead cute!

He looks like he has abby in him & he also looks like he's developing a tail fin just like Angus ;D
Now wouldn't that be coincidence esp as you suggested Angus' name ;D ;D

They are sooo cute :) Well done for getting them out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back