• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New piggiesss

Amyrosexo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,, I hope everyone is doing well..

I just thought I’d share my new little babies with everyone. One of my friends was unable to keep them as she’s overloaded with work recently (she’s a nurse) and asked me if I would like to take them to which I couldn’t refuseee!
I'm currently building a bigger cage as the grey and white one is picking on the other but they may have to be split if the bigger cage doesn’t work which is last resort (there’s no blood being drawn)

they are currently unnamed but I have a theme of in the night garden so I’m considering tombli and boo (childish I know 😂)
Feel free to add photos of your piggos too!
Keep safe x

Attachments

• 0D25D731-8273-4B0D-8A31-6AB26D9AD058.jpeg
    0D25D731-8273-4B0D-8A31-6AB26D9AD058.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 27
  • BA6FA304-9627-4EEE-B5E5-4E4F95B02F3F.jpeg
    BA6FA304-9627-4EEE-B5E5-4E4F95B02F3F.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 26
  • 632C14E9-ECF7-4731-B320-3F7776AD5283.jpeg
    632C14E9-ECF7-4731-B320-3F7776AD5283.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 29
Are your other piggies girls then? I’m just wondering if you’re used to keeping boars and their ways!
The issue is you can’t put boars near sows without the smell of the sows causing problems between the boys. The boys need to be kept ideally in a completely separate room to the girls.

Changing location can set off dominance behaviours so while you say ‘picking on’ it may settle down on its own once they re-establish themselves. Boys need more room so do ensure their cage is 6ft x 2ft

Last edited:
Lovely piggies!
My Luigi would love getting his nashers on your nails (guessing it’s you on the pic!)! :))

Are your other piggies girls then? I’m just wondering if you’re used to keeping boars and their ways!
The issue is you can’t put boars near sows without the smell of the sows causing problems between the boys. The boys need to be kept ideally in a completely separate room to the girls.

Changing location can set off dominance behaviours so while you say ‘picking on’ it may settle down on its own once they re-establish themselves. Boys need more room so do ensure their cage is 6ft x 2ft
Yes my others are boars too, the owner before has sows near them so I think it may have been the problem along with not enough room,as there has been no problem with either of them since I’ve had them. I managed to build their new cage within a day of having them (I’m quite proud of myself haha) I will post a photo of my other boys cage as it is the same design and size.

Attachments

• 1C46B1D0-2DF7-4023-9788-7E29AB4A0D86.jpeg
    1C46B1D0-2DF7-4023-9788-7E29AB4A0D86.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
Lovely piggies!
My Luigi would love getting his nashers on your nails (guessing it’s you on the pic!)! :))
Yes that is me haha! I do have to say those nails were way too long and it didn’t help that had grown out so we’re even longer🤦🏼‍♀️😂

my first two boys have an obsession with trying to eat them 😂 I’ll try to feed them some veg but they will ignore it and want my nails instead haha, I do move out of the way because I don’t want to make them ill 🤦🏼‍♀️ The new babies haven’t attempted yet but I’m sure it won’t take them long haha

Yes that is me haha! I do have to say those nails were way too long and it didn’t help that had grown out so we’re even longer🤦🏼‍♀️😂

my first two boys have an obsession with trying to eat them 😂 I’ll try to feed them some veg but they will ignore it and want my nails instead haha, I do move out of the way because I don’t want to make them ill 🤦🏼‍♀️ The new babies haven’t attempted yet but I’m sure it won’t take them long haha
Haha I bet, they’re just temptation! :drool:
My chinchilla Pedro would have blooming loved them too, it’s always these naughty boy nibblers! :)) I couldn’t have them that long, I break my normal ones that often they’d be a nightmare with all the cage and fish tank cleans!
Hope your new lads have settled in more and doing well :D You’ll have to get some more pics on, the grey and white lad looks a lot like my Luigi from the top!:)
236D349E-B033-40F7-966D-AE0143C854B9.jpeg

I have no natural nails I just chomp on those myself with no help from the pigs haha,but it makes them really sore so I put on fake ones.
And look at that lil face🥰 he’s adorable . They are actually quite similar haha. (I know he looks petrified on the first photo 😂 but every time I try to take a photo of that side that’s what he looks like hahah)

Attachments

• 27696280-6691-4DFB-B048-68328261D8C5.jpeg
    27696280-6691-4DFB-B048-68328261D8C5.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 10
  • 8ABD2F88-3A07-4D3A-94E2-0EDB9EF9C017.jpeg
    8ABD2F88-3A07-4D3A-94E2-0EDB9EF9C017.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 8
I have no natural nails I just chomp on those myself with no help from the pigs haha,but it makes them really sore so I put on fake ones.
And look at that lil face🥰 he’s adorable . They are actually quite similar haha. (I know he looks petrified on the first photo 😂 but every time I try to take a photo of that side that’s what he looks like hahah)
Aah he looks more agouti than silver agouti on there but definitely a stunner! Love wonky markings! :love: Hope he chills out and enjoys his spoiling!:wub:
Haha yeah I was terrible for it when I was younger, anxiety and nail biting! My mum used to put that horrible nail varnish on that stops you biting, revolting, cheers mum!
Very early days with your lads though, looks like he’s doing great! 🙂 xx

Back