• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

New Piggy Owner, Anyone Know What This Mark Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami Norman

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ive had my piggies a week now and just noticed this mark on maisy's face anyone know what it is?, my piggies live in my room and I'm around them constantly there has been a little bit of squabbling between my piggies but no fighting so I cant understand where the mark has come from, any expert piggy owners know what is is?
11880434_799192173531628_1986550492_n.jpg 11874089_799192206864958_13039389_n.jpg

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Hello! To me it looks like the start of a fungal infection, which can be effectively treated with medication from the vet. It's always best to get a diagnosis from the vet before treating anything, so I'd advise to book an appointment :D

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

I am sorry that you are not having a smooth start!

I agree - fungal infections are very typical for new shop and breeder piggies. You are a very observant owner, so you have caught it at the very earliest. Please see a vet for a diagnosis; if your piggies are shop bought, you should be able to reclaim the vet cost from the shop.
Here are our tips in case it turns out to be ringworm, the most transmittable form of fungal:
Ringworm: Hygiene And Pictures
Here is our piggy savvy recommended vets locator: Guinea Pig Vet Locator

Status
Not open for further replies.