• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpiggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On Friday night I got a new neutered piggy boy to join my two girls. He's a beautiful 10 month old, black and tan Abyssinian who I have named Harvey. He's small than both my girls but I think he's got a lot more growing to do.
The first night he hid in a cardboard box I put in for him and did not come out until he thought I was asleep, except to stick his head out to grab a bit of pepper. But he's really growing in confidence. I just had a lovely cuddle with him and he even let me take some pictures.

Thanks, most of my pigs have been smooth coat, the only non smooth coat was a rex, so I'm still getting used to his funky hair. :))

Thanks, most of my pigs have been smooth coat, the only non smooth coat was a rex, so I'm still getting used to his funky hair. :))
My Mooli is an aby too. He was so shy at first but now he talks non stop and likes to talk to the water bottles!

My Mooli is an aby too. He was so shy at first but now he talks non stop and likes to talk to the water bottles!

Harvey is very vocal too, he likes grumbling at things, if I make any sort of loud or scary noise he doesn't like he starts grumbling. It took him a while to pluck up the courage to start squeeking to be fed though.

Harvey is very vocal too, he likes grumbling at things, if I make any sort of loud or scary noise he doesn't like he starts grumbling. It took him a while to pluck up the courage to start squeeking to be fed though.
It does seem like abys are little chatter boxes!

On Friday night I got a new neutered piggy boy to join my two girls. He's a beautiful 10 month old, black and tan Abyssinian who I have named Harvey. He's small than both my girls but I think he's got a lot more growing to do.
The first night he hid in a cardboard box I put in for him and did not come out until he thought I was asleep, except to stick his head out to grab a bit of pepper. But he's really growing in confidence. I just had a lovely cuddle with him and he even let me take some pictures.

He's gorgeous.

Congratulations! Harvey is really beautiful, love his colouring

Thank you for all your lovely comments. He is beautiful isn't he. Very similar colouring to his soon to be girlfriend Rio, who he has been chatting with across the room. My girls are already being a bad influence on him, teaching him to squeak at me when its time for their tea and I haven't fed them yet, only thing is Harvey runs away when I come to put the food in his cage. So until he actually finds the food he carries on squeaking, silly boy.
He's off to the vets this afternoon for a check up, wish him luck.

He's lovely, sounds like your girls are training him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back