• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Piggy

Kerrie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just got this cutie yesterday

and she is so scared that I have not seen her eat or drink since I got her. when I go to feed her and the other 3 I see no change in her water bottle or in her food. I have put everything that she will need right in front of her so I'm hopping that this will get her to eat. It has been over 24 hours since i got her. What I'm wondering is how long should I wait before I intervene and do something about it. Fyi the cage is in my living room and I can watch her off and on through out the day

It takes a while for a new piggy to settle in. Is she on her own at the mo or is she in with the other 3? She will probably come out when you have gone to bed to eat.

she is on her own right now but planning on putting her with the other in time. thank you that is what I was hopping but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else. I can't believe people were calling her creepy because she has red eyes

she is on her own right now but planning on putting her with the other in time. thank you that is what I was hopping but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else. I can't believe people were calling her creepy because she has red eyes
Red eyes are not creepy just unusual! Tell people to imagine her being on a photo with the flash on that is why she has red eyes!

you that is why I love her. I have her with red eyes and one who has black eyes but they reflect back red. I'm the type of person that love the unusual they just make me happy and that is all that matters.

Awww she is stunning and I love her colouring! I saw one with markings like that but darker. :love::love:

She's gorgeous! Love her colourings, very unusual :luv:

Have you tried putting a light blanket over half her cage? That really helps to settle in and get used to everything. I've done that for all my babies so far and they eat/drink pretty well from the beginning because they can hide until they get confidence :)

I have a blanket over half the cage to make it darker and I'm thinking of making a soft house so she can hide in because she seemed to be the happiest when wrapped up in a blanket.

I have a blanket over half the cage to make it darker and I'm thinking of making a soft house so she can hide in because she seemed to be the happiest when wrapped up in a blanket.

Can someone correct this? :))

What a beautiful piggy with a beautiful coat colour. Congrats!

thank you everyone she is doing well and I named her Ruby. I'm bounding her with the other three and it is going well it is like she was with them all the time. I did my bonding a bit different this time. Last time I put them tougher after I did a good clean of the cage and put them tougher but this time I just put her in with out cleaning out the cage and still no fighting at all it may be because I kept her at the back of there cage so they could interact through the bars or I'm just lucky. She has only been in with them for about 30 minutes but has already is more lively and is interacting more with the stuff in the cage. I can see the happiness in her eyes now that she is with the others.

Back