• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Rescue Pigs from The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue!

Guineapigsmcr

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey all :) !

I just wanted to introduce my two new adorable guineapigs Honey and Ginger from The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue. I really recommend Helen and her team! They are very knowledgeable and you can tell they are so very passionate about the rescue and the pigs. If you are looking to get guinea pigs in the North West area please adopt. There are lots of piggies at rescues searching for a forever home!

Here is photos of them settling in :love:💕.

IMG_E4151.JPGIMG_4150.JPG

Obviously, guinea pigs are always going to be spooked after moving to a new home but I was hoping someone could give me some taming tips for getting them to trust me more. At the moment I'm not going to pick them up and leave them in their enclosure to get used to and meet their neighbours. They have started to come up to me and take food out of my hands and I've been speaking to them so they can get used to my voice, but are quite nervous about coming out of their hidey houses and seem on edge. It's probably just a matter of time with this and them getting more comfortable day by day tbh!

Hi.
I've used Helen and her wonderful team many times and you picked a fantastic place.
Your piggies look beautiful . . As for being spooked. . You never stop the little loves darting away. . .
What I do with my piggies before entering the room I always speak out 1st before I appear and it warns them. . Slave Approaching . . Lol. 😁

Hey all :) !

I just wanted to introduce my two new adorable guineapigs Honey and Ginger from The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue. I really recommend Helen and her team! They are very knowledgeable and you can tell they are so very passionate about the rescue and the pigs. If you are looking to get guinea pigs in the North West area please adopt. There are lots of piggies at rescues searching for a forever home!

Here is photos of them settling in :love:💕.

View attachment 176268View attachment 176269

Obviously, guinea pigs are always going to be spooked after moving to a new home but I was hoping someone could give me some taming tips for getting them to trust me more. At the moment I'm not going to pick them up and leave them in their enclosure to get used to and meet their neighbours. They have started to come up to me and take food out of my hands and I've been speaking to them so they can get used to my voice, but are quite nervous about coming out of their hidey houses and seem on edge. It's probably just a matter of time with this and them getting more comfortable day by day tbh!

Hi and welcome

What a cute pair!

You may find our information on guinea pig prey animal instincts, how you can avoid triggering them and how you can make friends with your piggies with social interactive key behaviours very helpful. It means that you can invite them to join your herd, tell them that they are loved and when they are misbehaving in terms they instinctively understand and you don't have to wait until they figure out humans.

Here are the links (with pictures and videos):
How Do I Settle Shy New Guinea Pigs?
Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering And Cuddling Tips
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig Safely
Who is the boss - your guinea pig or you?

All these guides are part of out much wider very useful information resource for new owners, into which nearly 15 years of experience on this forum as well as our own long term experiences have gone. The guides are very practical, precise and step-by-step. You will also discover fascinating lots of stuff you would have never expected... :)
You may want to bookmark the link, browse, read and re-read at need: Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides

I've so far adopted 9 piggies from The Potteries. You will hopefully meet me at a Potteries rescue event when they can start up again. I usually run a cake or a biscuit stall.

Congratulations 🎉
It’s so lovely to hear that Honey and Ginger have landed on their paws with you.
Looking forward to more pictures as they settle

I forgot to say.. If anyone has a guinea pig Instagram page feel free to follow me, I'll follow you back: @guineapigsmcr . There I post more regularly photos/ updates/lives of all my piggies and what they get up to! :P

Also, I've discovered Honey is quite the snuggle buddy, she loves to curl up on me and relax ... :love:
honey snuggle.jpg

I am so pleased to see our lovely Honey being spoiled. She went through such an ordeal (well, to be honest so did I ) that she deserves nothing but the best. Lucky ladies finding their dream home together.

Back