• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Rosewood edible treat toys?

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone tried their piggies with the Rosewood naturals "carrot woodroll" or "willow treat basket"?
I needed some add-on amazon items to get free delivery on my carrot cottage and bedding so I thought I'd try them out- since we have a herd of 5 they are having a lovely time working as a team to completely demolish their edible furniture at an astonishing rate, so extra things to chew might leave the their woven grass hidey tubes intact a bit longer!

Attachments

• 20180905_101740.jpg
    20180905_101740.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 13
No I haven’t tried these, but they look really good. Might have to get some myself. Yes they should definitely help keep the tubes in tact for at least a lil bit longer. Good buy by the looks of things.

They do look very entertaining!
Are all the contents piggy safe? I’ve just looked this up on amazon as it looks great and wondered whether my piggies might like it. but I noticed it said also suitable for rabbits but rabbits shouldn’t really eat the corn so it’s got me wondering about whether they are sold as suitable for small pets but actually are there any ingredients in them which aren’t suitable for piggies?

I wouldnt trust them as an every day food item but the basket looks to contain dried grass, a few alfalfa pellets, some dried barley ears, a dried corn cob, a heart shaped cookie thing made of the chew bar stuff, and some dried carrots. Shared between 5 ravenous and destructive furry monsters I reckon there's not enough of anything to make anyone sick! The Rosewood stuff is usually quite reliably piggy safe, and for £3 for an evening's piggy entertainment I think it looks quite good :)

The Rosewood stuff is usually pretty good although some things contain egg so id keep an eye out for that. I used to get the birch carrot thing for my hamsters and gerbils and they always went down well.
Do be careful with the dried corn cob though, its very common for piggies to get a kernel stuck over their teeth, ive seen it quite regularly on different facebook groups. None of my old piggies ever bothered with dried corn so now I only buy fresh, it's cheaper too XD

Back