• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New shed thread!

Guinea Slave

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I thought it may be interesting to start a thread on our new shed. Its not a normal shed and I have been part terrified (rural location with foxes, rats etc) part over excited (beautiful 'shed' and what a wonderful home we could make for the guineas).

We moved to the countryside last week and with the house comes a beautiful purpose built tool shed. It has a clay tile roof and cement floor, with bricks surround. When we first came it had mice, was very cold and a little damp and full of wood and old wooden furniture. We have cleared this out and my wonderful husband who (despite me being with him for over 20 years) still surprises me at what he can do! He has been laying a raised floor with wooden floor boards to keep it insulated and warmer.

He has fixed the gap under the door where mice could get in (filled with cement). The walls are all lined with wood and the ceiling has plasterboard and has been sealed and painted so its nicely insulated.

Here are the first few pics. Stupidly I didnt take any pics of it in its original form....dark and very dingy.

Attachments

• 20201208_125631[2].pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Shed 1.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 12
Once the floor is in then they are having a fancy new LED strip light and then we build the shelving so that their C&C will be raised off the ground to provide additional storage (and keep them off the floor). They are coming home from boarding on Saturday and I cannot wait to see them, its been nearly 3 weeks away from them!

Here we go!
Downloaded them before that, looks brilliant! Oooh lucky piggies! :D Can’t wait to see the finished result! Hope your move went well without too much stress!
Hope you have a lovely Saturday when you get them back then! Sure they’ll be chuffed at their 10🌟 accommodation!:D:luv: xx

Thank you Alpacasqueak! The move went very well, we took two weeks off between us and there is not one cardboard box left! All gone..I never want to see a roll of tape or a carboard box for the rest of my life!

Will keep you posted! x

That will be a piggy mansion and a nice big window to see out of too! How wonderful, will look forward to following it's progress and the end result complete with piggies!🏚

Poor husband has now spent about 15 hours working on this! With a very fussy wife with all sorts of demands! Every tiny gap has to be filled..I am paranoid about mice and rats. Pics tomorrow but we are nearly there.

reference the window, I pinch myself every day as we have a stunning garden with a huge pond and wild ducks..duck house is due next week! The Guineas have one of the best views of the garden and the pond from their shed and the window is double glazed so I don’t need to cover it to keep them warm. They are very lucky Guineas!

i have ordered a sign for their shed ‘Pampered Piggy Cottage’ :love:

This was taken yesterday morning, now the houses are in and best of all...piggies are in! Will take some more pics today With them.

Just waiting for the floor tiles to arrive. I use the interlocking soft floors used for gyms. Very cosy and easy to clean.

Poor piggies are so out of their comfort zone in the new place but will hopefully settle soon.

Attachments

• 20201212_143920.jpg
    20201212_143920.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 42
Hi Guys, thanks for your notes! It’s all done, needs some re org to keep it tidy....just how do 5 Guineas have so much stuff! 🤪😍

they seem very content and Daisy was lying in her fleece in the sun yesterday looking out of the window...she looked like the Queen of Sheba!

floor is now in, day time pics to follow..

Back