• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Supplier for Shredded Paper Bedding

anyar.dris

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I found a new supplier for shredded paper bedding. It's the same quality as the fitch bedding and it's a lot cheaper too. The paper is a mixture of shredded tissue paper and before use teabag paper, so there will be some hard pieces of paper. Although I don't see any problem with this hard stuff in my opinion. It's just clumped of teabag paper.

Here's the link in case any of you want to try it.

Shredded Paper Compressed Bedding Bale (approx 22kg)

Doesn’t look like they deliver to Scotland unfortunately though :no:

Thank you so much that is such a brilliant and helpful find :) just what I'm looking for when Fitch and Kaytee is so expensive!

I just hope it is really soft for the pigs as Fitch/kaytee looks incredibly soft
These are a bit bigger pieces than the fitch and kaytee ones and there are some hard clumps of before use teabag paper. But I haven't really found an issue with regards to it. It does absorbs the piggies pee very good like fitch. I honestly think they do the same thing in manufacturing these as with the fitch bedding, apart from using teabag paper.

The link I provided are just resellers. The manufacturer (Chipmunk South West Ltd | Animal Bedding & Supplies | Somerset based) sell these by pallet only or at £6 each bale if you collect it from their place! Chipmunk South West was the one who provided me the link in my first post.

These are a bit bigger pieces than the fitch and kaytee ones and there are some hard clumps of before use teabag paper. But I haven't really found an issue with regards to it. It does absorbs the piggies pee very good like fitch. I honestly think they do the same thing in manufacturing these as with the fitch bedding, apart from using teabag paper.

The link I provided are just resellers. The manufacturer (Chipmunk South West Ltd | Animal Bedding & Supplies | Somerset based) sell these by pallet only or at £6 each bale if you collect it from their place! Chipmunk South West was the one who provided me the link in my first post.

Thank you for that, I have emailed them too :). The delivery cost is quite high which makes me a bit apprehensive but it's something to bare in mind.

This one has great reviews and is affordable (to me anyway) 2 LARGE BALES SHREDDED TEABAG PAPER PET BEDDING | eBay

Just be wary of the tea bag paper as not all of it is good. I’ve bought a bale before from a different seller and it had tea leaves all throughout it. Mind you in the listing it did say “there may be a chance of some tea sediment in the bale” it was full of tea. :soz::td:

Just be wary of the tea bag paper as not all of it is good. I’ve bought a bale before from a different seller and it had tea leaves all throughout it. Mind you in the listing it did say “there may be a chance of some tea sediment in the bale” it was full of tea. :soz::td:
The bags I ordered from the link I posted above are shredded before use teabag paper, so no tea sediments. I think the ones that would contain sediments are the off cut ones.

The bags I ordered from the link I posted above are shredded before use teabag paper, so no tea sediments. I think the ones that would contain sediments are the off cut ones.
Yes I fell into the trap of buying the off cut ones before.

This ^^

We bought a bale and it said the exact same, read "Chance of some tea sediment" to mean there WILL be tea sediment. I'm not sure if we've just been unfortunate with this bale or not but there has been a lot of it in and we won't be buying it from the same supplier again

This ^^

We bought a bale and it said the exact same, read "Chance of some tea sediment" to mean there WILL be tea sediment. I'm not sure if we've just been unfortunate with this bale or not but there has been a lot of it in and we won't be buying it from the same supplier again
Yes this is exactly what happened to me.

Just an update about this..

The supplier/reseller has stopped selling this now (manufacturers has been acquired by a new company and they are out of stocks of the paper bedding). :hb: Looks like I have to get back to using Megazorb again.

Just an update about this..

The supplier/reseller has stopped selling this now (manufacturers has been acquired by a new company and they are out of stocks of the paper bedding). :hb: Looks like I have to get back to using Megazorb again.
Aww no. This is a bedding nightmare. I purchased a bale of this for my hamster I've lots left though so it will last me a while.

Back