• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's amazing! If you don't mind, could you tell me how you made it? I'm a big DIY fan, and love making things for the piggies! :))

I made it up as I went along and I'd try to do it a bit different next time. It's two pieces of fleece sewn along three sides and then turned the right way in. Then the open end was stitched folding the two cut edges inwards to make a smooth seam. I then tried to fold the end over some boning and stitch it in but I couldn't manage that so I folded the top over and stitched it leaving a small opening to thread boning through like you would with elastic in something but I couldn't push the boning in so I gave up the boning and closed the hole, that end is just folded over twice which as it's fairly thick fleece it stays open. The other end I made a bigger turning so the boning would go through and machined it most of the way round pushed the boning in then stitched the little hole up by hand. Hope this makes sense I'm not very good at explaining things.
I tried to copy one I bought but simplfied it in the end. Spike and Peanut loved jumping up and down in it and head butting it from inside so I felt bad everytime I took it away to wash.

I made it up as I went along and I'd try to do it a bit different next time. It's two pieces of fleece sewn along three sides and then turned the right way in. Then the open end was stitched folding the two cut edges inwards to make a smooth seam. I then tried to fold the end over some boning and stitch it in but I couldn't manage that so I folded the top over and stitched it leaving a small opening to thread boning through like you would with elastic in something but I couldn't push the boning in so I gave up the boning and closed the hole, that end is just folded over twice which as it's fairly thick fleece it stays open. The other end I made a bigger turning so the boning would go through and machined it most of the way round pushed the boning in then stitched the little hole up by hand. Hope this makes sense I'm not very good at explaining things.
I tried to copy one I bought but simplfied it in the end. Spike and Peanut loved jumping up and down in it and head butting it from inside so I felt bad everytime I took it away to wash.
Wow you got plenty of talent to be able to make it up! I can't wait to give it a go, thanks for the instructions! :)

I promise it's very simple, just a tube. I can only sew in straight lines. I'dlove to be able to do proper dress making but my talent only lies in pee pads and now tubes.

I promise it's very simple, just a tube. I can only sew in straight lines. I'dlove to be able to do proper dress making but my talent only lies in pee pads and now tubes.
Well I'm sure Spike and Peanut enjoy your talent immensely. You're not alone with the dress making however, I always mess up. Now if I can make this tunnel without breaking the sewing machine.....:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back