• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Use For Corner Litter Trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimz

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I decided to fill my piggies cage up with hay to give them a treat and allow them some time to burrow around in it. Then I hit on the idea of tieing the corner litter trays high enough that the piggies could crawl underneath. That gives them two little hay houses to snuggle in and eat and they love it....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Holy hay these are going to be some happy piggies-how often do you change this hay as mine love to pee and poo in there's and I throw so much of it out ?

I change the layer of hay twice a week - because there is so much of it they don't tend to go all in one place, so it all lasts longer. I can get a massive bag of superhay for £7 so it is easily affordable to do.

that looks like some great quality hay. I have a litter tray too and do the same, they like reaching up for the yummy green stuff. I'm sure they make a game out of it.

You can buy it on-line here. Easy availability is seriously dangerous, my house will end up tuning into a barn with all the different hays!

Can I ask the weight, @Gimz ? My lot don't seem to like the Ings much... do you find your piggies prefer this hay over others?

It is also where Hazelcroft rescue get their hay. Here is a picture of my over filled cupboard of hay!

image.jpeg

You can buy it on-line here. Easy availability is seriously dangerous, my house will end up tuning into a barn with all the different hays!

Can I ask the weight, @Gimz ? My lot don't seem to like the Ings much... do you find your piggies prefer this hay over others?

My piggies love it! I have never had to buy anything else as it is so green and so large there is no point getting anything else.
I weighed my current bag for you and at three quarters full it is around 12 kg

Thanks for answering all my questions, and with pictures too! Looks like I know what hay I'm ordering next. What lucky piggies you have.

No problem and yes I do spoil them a bit!

I find I have to use the top layer in a new hay bag just to fit it in my cupboard! I also put a thick layer of Aubiose under the hay, which I get in a similar size and price from the same place.

although it is difficult to see the dimensions from the advert, the price is right so yes looks like it to me.

although it is difficult to see the dimensions from the advert, the price is right so yes looks like it to me.

I'm ordering some now. I hope the girls like it as at that price for that size and that green.. Its already my favourite hay and it hasnt even arrived yet :nod::P

Is the website down on your end? Its not working for me but dont know if its just my phone! I had a healthy looking basket going as well lol

That hay looks amazing! Lucky piggies! :)

I think I will be ordering some soon :)
It's so cheap compared to other hays you can get online!

:D That looks like some very nice hay. I used to buy Megazorb from GJW Titmuss, so I know that they are reliable. I will definitely look into buying a bag of this hay when I run out. (I assume that you can order just one bag without having to subscribe, as on the website) . Shipping for this bag was £6.95 for those interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back