• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nice And Clean "zoo" Room ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I cleaned up the piggy/bird room tonight and managed to dig out my dad's chess set that I've wanted to set up since before he passed away! Taken me a while :) Anyways, here it is! The pigs are thrilled with something new to gaze at, I'm sure ;)

Wee Spike and her funny expression

Not gonna lie, I refer to these two as "Satan's minions" ;) I suppose their real names are Eamon and Ivee! I Can never please these two! Haha

Tiger and Sherlock in all their glory :)

Tolerating the lady finch :)

Silly society finch love ;)

I cleaned that plant a week ago! lol!

Piggin' out on the new seed I'm trying out

Finally, the pigs! Tica and Vixen hiding from the crazy camera lady :)

Second floor

Clean room from one corner

Clean room from the view of the pigs lol

Love seeing all your menagerie. Tiger & Sherlock are such unusual pets. Quails are they? I used to have a gorgeous medieval chess set similar to yours. When my house was burgled in Darwin, besides the usual telly, stereo, DVDs, jewellery, etc favoured by thieves, they also took my chess set, the mongrels. Would not have thought anyone who appreciated chess would also be a thief!

That's sad to hear lily but thieves will take anything they think they can flog. That is a very impressive room set up Jennifer quite the farm you have there! Birds don't appeal to me as much as they are a bit loud but I do like zebra finch type birds

Love seeing all your menagerie. Tiger & Sherlock are such unusual pets. Quails are they? I used to have a gorgeous medieval chess set similar to yours. When my house was burgled in Darwin, besides the usual telly, stereo, DVDs, jewellery, etc favoured by thieves, they also took my chess set, the mongrels. Would not have thought anyone who appreciated chess would also be a thief!
Aw that's awful! It's an crappy feeling when someone steals something from you :(

That's sad to hear lily but thieves will take anything they think they can flog. That is a very impressive room set up Jennifer quite the farm you have there! Birds don't appeal to me as much as they are a bit loud but I do like zebra finch type birds
Actually the only birds that are loud are my evil budgies lol! Probably screaming about their plans for world domination ;)

I used to keep Zebra finches.They are cute little birds. I love that "toy trumpet" noise they make. But its difficult to stop them from breeding. They will lay their eggs on any flat surface! How do you stop yours from breeding? Artificial eggs?

I used to keep Zebra finches.They are cute little birds. I love that "toy trumpet" noise they make. But its difficult to stop them from breeding. They will lay their eggs on any flat surface! How do you stop yours from breeding? Artificial eggs?
I actually just remove the eggs when they lay them. Right now I have a nest in there because my society finches are fostering some abandoned zebra eggs but normally I don't provide nests and if they lay anywhere else I dispose of the egg. I never had any luck with the fake eggs or marbles for some reason. I kinda feel bad about stealing their eggs but I let each pair I have lay one clutch this year so I could get the amount of zebras I wanted and after this batch that my society finches are sitting on, I'll have the perfect amount of birds lol! You're right though, they'll breed no matter what so pretty much the only way to stop their breeding is to remove eggs that you find or keep single sex aviaries-although I kept two females together and they laid eggs anyways lol of course they were infertile tho. There can be problems with egg bound females in a mixed aviary like mine but I provide calcium and supplements to prevent that.

I had nine birds at one point.Had cockateils, testimony parakeets and budgies.Had a six foot tree in a christmas tree stand for them to perch on when they were free flying.Loved the noises they made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back