• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Night Night George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sadly our gorgeous Guinea Pig George died today age 6. He came to us from BARC (Barnsley Animal Rescue) 4 years ago as a partner for a boarder guinea pig that had been abandoned here with a rabbit. He has willingley accepted 2 guinea pigs over that time as they have died and his recent partner was Jimmy who was an unneutered baby when he came to us (since been done).

They were inseparable and this was never more evident than today when I found George and Jimmy was laid on top of him wheeking in distress. When I tried to lift Jimmy away he dug his claws into George and it was evident he wasn't ready to give him up, so we left him to say goodbye in his own time.

He is so lonely in his hutch alone and I hope George will forgive us in doing what we need to for jimmy in trying to find him a new mate.

He was always there with his little nose at the hutch front wheeking for food when we opened the back door and would hold your finger in his paws as you offered him a treat. I will miss his gorgeous little ginger nose and his nudging cuddles.

Sleep tight George :(

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I am sure he would understand you finding Jimmy a friend xx

Night night George sleep well, Lynne I know just how you feel sadly my Bette also left. I hope they will look after each other at the bridge. x x

I really am so sorry for you and little Jimmy too. Sounds like they were the perfect match. I hope he finds a new friend when the time is right.

Sleep well George and have fun at the bridge with Bette.

Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry :(

You tribute brought a lump to my throat. I'm sure George would be very happy for Jimmy to share his bond with another

Sleep well dear George xx

Oh no Lynne whee are so sorry to hear about George 8...8...8...
RIP George run free at the bridge, enjoy munching away on the dandelions and clover and popcorning thru the green meadows with past friends, you'll be very sadly missed by mummy and your grieving mate Jimmy but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ......... :(

Extra wheeeky loves for little Jimmy whee all hope he will be ok :...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Too much sadness today.
Sleep well gorgeous George and help Mummy find a new friend for Jimmy. x

Oh Lynne I'm so sorry to hear about George and poor Jimmy, sounds like he's going to need some extra special attention and cuddles bless him.
It's so hard when you loose a pig, the last thing you can think about is getting another one but you have to do what is right for the one who is left. I hope you can find Jimmy a friend soon to help him keep his spirits up.
Popcorn free little George. x

So So sorry you lost George Lynne, and the way you described poor Jimmy holding on to George's body :0

I'm sure George would be happy when Jimmy finds another friend, big hugs to you, and special 'wheek wheeks' for Jimmy. He must feel lost without George.
:(

I'm so sorry to hear that George has left for the Rainbow Bridge, I'm sure he'll be popcorning free with all our adored and missed piggies.
Please give Scruffy a snuggle for me George! :)

Poor Jimmy I do hope he can get over his ordeal and I'm sure George would be happy for him to have a new friend :-)

Your tribute to George brought tears to my eyes and I'm streaming as I type, you are obviously a great mummy.

Lots of hugs to both you and Jimmy

Sam xx
(Polypea)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP darling George. Run free x

So sad run free George find your friends and play, you and Jimmy take care, jimmy George is at the bridge but he will help you choose a new friend

x

I'm sorry to hear this :( but he lived a happy long life :)

Poor Jimmy not wanting to let go :(

RIP George

:0 So sorry to hear about George, poor Jimmy I hope he's ok and I'm sure George would want him to have a friend :) I hope your ok too xx

So very sorry hunny.
R.i.p Darling george x

Give Jimmy lots of cuddles from me, Angel & Meme x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back