1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Scented Washing Detergent? White Vinegar?

Discussion in 'Housing and Enrichment' started by CavyConnoisseur, Jan 11, 2017.

1. CavyConnoisseur

CavyConnoisseur Junior Guinea Pig

I've searched high and low for a non scented washing powder or liquid over here in the UK, we just don't seem to have it anywhere. I've been using fairy non bio ever since I started using fleece almost 2 years ago however even this liquids scent is too strong, it even affects my breathing let alone the Guinea Pigs that are living on it with their noses 1 inch off the ground all the time. I've looked online and I can't find any either, lots of non bio detergent however they are scented, that's not what I want.

Many people use white vinegar in their loads to help remove smells and stains, but usually it is in conjunction with a detergent. Is there no way I can just use white vinegar by itself? What does everyone else in the UK use to wash fleece and fleece items? Any detergent recommendations that are non scented or at least have a less potent scent?

TIA

2. gizzy

Forum Donator 2015/16

VickiA likes this.
  3. CavyConnoisseur

CavyConnoisseur Junior Guinea Pig

4. gizzy

Forum Donator 2015/16

Yup , l spray the vet beds with f 10 and soak fleses, then pop them in the machine with normal bog standard washing powder ,
    And wash at 40 c

5. helloitsbecca

helloitsbecca Junior Guinea Pig

I use an Eco Egg for my boys stuff - I had the samw issue with finding unscented powder. You can get unscented ones and they are quite good value and seem to do the job. I think it was about £10 for a 210 wash one. They are on Amazon :)

6. Lily & Rose

Lily & Rose Junior Guinea Pig

I use Ecover non-bio detergent as it's not tested on animals and has a mild scent.

flowerfairy likes this.