• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Non-slip Vet Bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyPig

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just a quick question... I'm looking for some new vetbed and mine is getting a bit, erm, knackered ;)

I know my current vetbed is the sort with green canvas sort of backing but you can also get it with rubbery non-slip backing. You this sort be suitable for piggy cages?

When i looked everywhere said not to but i use it and it's fine tho i am going to be making more cage liner's as they are cheaper and fitted up the side's and absorbant.

i use the non slip vet bed and it totally fine but will have new cage liner s soon whoo hooo thanks to 4piggiepigs:D:D my piggies love the vet bed as its so soft x

I have both types and they both work well but I prefer to use the green backed one, it just seems that the fleece on it stays drier for that extra day.

I have both types and they both work well but I prefer to use the green backed one, it just seems that the fleece on it stays drier for that extra day.

Interesting! Anyone else who has used both found this?

Interesting! Anyone else who has used both found this?

I have found that the non slip stuff that is ruberized underneath (for grip), tends to smell and it doesn't allow the wee to wick thru as quick and began to smell quicker too. Beware of putting them in the tumble dryer too, the plain backed one shrinks a bit (about 2" in a yard). It can be stretched again though like you would a t shirt. The size did three beds for Dindy's Nero 3. She was well chuffed with it and no more shavings traipsed thru the house, her feet were not as dry and scaley any more. After you've washed it you could give it a 'quick' top comb with a dog grooming brush (like a wool carder) there will be a bit of fluff collected in the comb but not enough to bald out the vetbed anytime soon. I put an old doubled up towell underneath the soak up the wee. I got it from this place on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VET-BED-60-x-...0?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item5ad434939a

Thanks... The link you provide IS to a rubber backed non-slip vetbed though?

That's the one i have! I didnt notice it smelling but it did shrink quite a bit in the dryer i made cage liner's and they are the best thing i found i can leave them a week without it smelling i don't think vet bed is very good it's just luxury fleece for them better off with little mats of it

I much prefer vetbed to fleece... We can leave ours a full week with good spots cleans twice a day.

When we used fleece it used to stink after just one or two days and had to be changed.

mine did when i used towel's but the mattress topper's i use now dry after a little while where towel's just stay wet i could never get all the poo's out of the vet bed, it does look very nice and i do like it but after i shrank it which really annoyed me and then i started making toy's for them and then tried making cage liner's and they work for me now and they are quite easy to make

Cut to size?

I'm wanting to try vet bed for my guys, i found some good reasonable pieces on Amazon, can they be cut to size? or do i need the exact cage size?

It can be cut to size :)

Our dogs had some, and we've gradually had to cut it down as he kept chewing bits off hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back