• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Noodle and Tofu!

A small piggie update:

My partner and I had them out when she was round and both boys decided to share the same cuddle sack :doh: they were very squished in there! After a lot of squeaking and some encouragement from the hoomans, Noodle decided to go explore the tunnel instead. Every other hidey I have has two exits but I use the cuddle sacks for transporting them - one piggie at a time, they just had other ideas!

1A08423E-CDBB-487A-854B-3E520A9EC4C5.jpegCD139FD4-82A6-4C67-B8E8-960B182CA968.jpeg0E802DB5-4A0B-454C-9D9A-6454C92D3527.jpeg

They’re both so comfortable in the cage now that I’ve been able to remove the blankets I had pegged over it completely. Tofu’s favourite place is his tunnel

3547F276-E0AD-4B87-AD07-8BA9BA137CE7.jpeg

And Noodle loves this cardboard box - a perfect place for a nap on a hot day

7287A7D2-80E0-43CA-A6D6-9A52C8E2F088.jpeg7F492DC9-A5E7-41B1-8A1C-5F14AC33FC5D.jpeg

Tofu also likes the box, but hay is still his favourite - he’s a champion burrower!

123DD73F-033F-4C05-A7A3-A831A1E704EC.jpeg

They’re both delights and they brighten my day, honestly. Best thing I’ve ever done, adopting them :love: their personalities are coming through more and more and they’ve found their voices - I’ve got two little wheekers whenever I stand up or go near the fridge! Here they are at dinner (Noodle still loves climbing on anything and everything!)

7ECD27B8-A7A7-4215-AEA9-9B0B8FEA8943.jpeg30860862-8F84-4D94-BED0-4EDC410F0D2C.jpegA3D3E375-05DB-4810-818E-5436F2D033D8.jpeg

Aww what a lovely update! Piggies will always try to get in the same hidey 😂😂

They're so gorgeous 😍 Love the way they're following one after the other, in a little guinea pig train.

It's been a while, so I thought I'd just post an update on my two boys as this forum continues to be a source of excellent knowledge to calm my new-owner nerves!

Noodle and Tofu are loving life. They have survived the heatwave-full summer, just about (though this week seems determined to spike again, I've got the ice pods back in the cage...) and they're generally two very confident happy piggies now. Looking back at the first photos from when I brought them home, it's hard to imagine they're the same piggies!

I no longer need to have any blankets pegged over the cage, they're more than happy pootling around in the open between hideys and I've even seen them both napping right out in the open before! Never thought I'd see that. They both love hay piles so I make sure to have plenty available for them to rummage through to their heart's content

IMG_2320.jpgIMG_2401.jpg

There are two piggies in this picture, believe it or not!:

IMG_2350.jpg

They're also growing more and more confident out of the cage. They both love to be stroked now, which is really nice as I wasn't sure they'd be cuddly - I know not all pigs are. My two do enjoy curling up on my lap on weigh day though! They're also growing like little champs - they were both 800g when I brought them home and now they're 1037g and 1039g at eight months old. Though I'm not surprised with the way they both devour coriander 😂

IMG_2305.jpgIMG_2311.jpgIMG_2214 2.jpg

Tofu stares into your soul:

IMG_2196 2.jpg

Paper bags are also a hit! I'm lucky as I get my prescriptions delivered every two weeks and they always come in a paper bag, so I have a lifetime supply which makes the boys very happy. Noodle got himself into a bit of a pickle though - he does like to squeeze into tiny spaces (he's absolutely fine!)

IMG_2198.jpgIMG_2255 2.jpg

But nothing beats curling up in a comfy hidey for a rest

IMG_2443.jpg

That's about it for an update - two very happy boys and a very happy hooman. I love sitting and watching them play together, chasing each other and wheeking to their heart's content (especially whenever I walk past the fridge). They've both discovered popcorning, too, and when they get going it's the best thing to watch. They set each other off all the time! Guinea pigs are such joyous animals and I feel very lucky to have two such lovely boys to brighten up my life - and thanks to this forum I'm able to give them a much better life than I would otherwise!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd just post an update on my two boys as this forum continues to be a source of excellent knowledge to calm my new-owner nerves!

Noodle and Tofu are loving life. They have survived the heatwave-full summer, just about (though this week seems determined to spike again, I've got the ice pods back in the cage...) and they're generally two very confident happy piggies now. Looking back at the first photos from when I brought them home, it's hard to imagine they're the same piggies!

I no longer need to have any blankets pegged over the cage, they're more than happy pootling around in the open between hideys and I've even seen them both napping right out in the open before! Never thought I'd see that. They both love hay piles so I make sure to have plenty available for them to rummage through to their heart's content

View attachment 185103View attachment 185101

There are two piggies in this picture, believe it or not!:

View attachment 185102

They're also growing more and more confident out of the cage. They both love to be stroked now, which is really nice as I wasn't sure they'd be cuddly - I know not all pigs are. My two do enjoy curling up on my lap on weigh day though! They're also growing like little champs - they were both 800g when I brought them home and now they're 1037g and 1039g at eight months old. Though I'm not surprised with the way they both devour coriander 😂

View attachment 185099View attachment 185104View attachment 185106

Tofu stares into your soul:

View attachment 185108

Paper bags are also a hit! I'm lucky as I get my prescriptions delivered every two weeks and they always come in a paper bag, so I have a lifetime supply which makes the boys very happy. Noodle got himself into a bit of a pickle though - he does like to squeeze into tiny spaces (he's absolutely fine!)

View attachment 185107View attachment 185105

But nothing beats curling up in a comfy hidey for a rest

View attachment 185100

That's about it for an update - two very happy boys and a very happy hooman. I love sitting and watching them play together, chasing each other and wheeking to their heart's content (especially whenever I walk past the fridge). They've both discovered popcorning, too, and when they get going it's the best thing to watch. They set each other off all the time! Guinea pigs are such joyous animals and I feel very lucky to have two such lovely boys to brighten up my life - and thanks to this forum I'm able to give them a much better life than I would otherwise!
Aw that's so lovely they're relaxed and enjoy affection now. They're adorable. A blonde guinea pig is on my wish list, (or whatever you call this colouring).

Happy New Year everyone!

Thought I'd share the way Noodle is heralding in the new year - with a good old nap!

It's also a bit of a special moment for me because it's one of the first times I've found him napping out in the open and he hasn't scurried off to hide the second he noticed me. This time, he lifted his head, looked at me, and lay right back down to carry on sleeping.

And please excuse the wonkiness of the bed he's lying in - I made it and I am still learning how to sew!

HNY1.jpg

HNY2.jpg
(Featuring Tofu's nose)

Been a long while since I've updated here - life has taken a bit of a turn (for the better) and the boys and I now live with my partner and dog. We've also just moved into a long-term home and I'm in the process of upgrading their C&C, which they do not yet understand even though I've told them it's exciting!

My boys have always lived in a 5x2 C&C on a stand, which after going through two moves is held together with zip ties and prayers. It was from kavee, and I do like the cage, but the stand has never felt especially stable. I'm planning to extend them to a 6x2 and make it L-shaped to tuck into the corner of the living room. Instead of their current stand (made out of extra grids) I'm getting them a couple of tables from ikea, which should be more stable, and they'll be raised a little higher to save my back and joints. Just need to figure out how to adjust the lid to fit the L-shape, time to go look up some examples!

I'm rubbish at dimensions and had to make this very awful, not-to-scale diagram to figure out how to do the upgrade 😅

Guinea cage floorplan.png

Thinking I'll also be able to store their extra fleece/tunnels/hay/hideys (I swear they have more stuff than the dog does) under the tables, once I get some baskets or boxes or something to keep them in. Hoping it'll be a good change for them and they'll be able to settle in, it's nice to finally be able to set up something permanent for them

Today's task is making them some new fleece liners to fit the bigger space, which gives me an excuse to unpack the sewing machine from the multitude of boxes. And here are some pics of them settling in over the last month, they've coped well with the moves but I think we're all happy to finally have somewhere to turn into a proper home

IMG_1713.jpeg432492360_3569068666736710_3203188929285972027_n.jpg432119367_394394559966137_35155998511353108_n.jpg429366325_929882758485597_5253949763942726934_n.jpgIMG_1790.jpeg430446536_423766577211423_7377616944758152547_n.jpg

Back