• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

North-Easters with Neutered Boars - a Vet Recommendation Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting my boys neutered, they are only 2 years old. I am considering a big group, but my main reason is that my girls are little escape artists. I've never had a situation, thankfully, where they have gotten in with the boys but if this ever happened and they got pregnant I would be just devastated because of the major health risks and the fact I support rescues and don't want to contribute to breeding.

So... anyway... rambling... does anyone in the north east (especially the Wallsend/North Shields area) have a vet who is a good plum fairy? I love my vet, he is very small animal savvy and has literally saved my rabbits' lives more than once, but I'd like to go to a vet I know has done this successfully and I can actually see the results in your happy thriving neutered piggies :))

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can vouch for them too, I had my 2 foster boys done there in January and both recovered well. Layla has had all her neuterings for her rescue done there with excellent success rates

Reaction score
Thank you, to be honest I probably won't get them done as I love them so much and I'm just so nervous about it! I got my rabbits neutered because of the health risks but I'm a bit dubious about doing it in the piggies just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.