• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nose Rubbing And Sneezing? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinButt

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all! I've noticed lately, That Pumpkin has been sneezing. Then rubbing her nose!?! Their is no discharge coming out of it and she's eating and drinking normally, Sleeping normally. Should I be worried? What's happening?
(Sorry if posted in the wrong thread- Needed a reply quickly!)

I'm afraid there are no health and illness gurus online at the moment . I'm going to post a link to this page in the health and illness section just to make sure they pick this message up.

( if any mods are around - please merge this thread)

Is she still sneezing? I wonder if something has gone up her nose to irritate her a little, I suppose it's like us when we get sneezy, itchy noses. Keep an eye on her for now, I'm sure a health and illnes guru will be along soon. I'd be inclined not to be too alarmed at the moment as there are no other symptoms such as a snotty nose etc.

It sounds rather like an irritation. Please see the vet if the seezing and nose rubbing continues; Pumpkin may have got something stuck in the nose that the sneezing cannot dislodge.

image.jpg @Wiebke
@BossHogg @PiggyOwner @Flutterby
Thank you all very much for the replies! We think it is her Wood shavings. Like the dust in it is making her sneeze... Even though the bag says dust free I've noticed a lot of dust in there..It is only happening when she is in her cage and its happening with our Peanut too! So we are going to figure out which one to switch to. I appreciate all your help!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back