• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Not a Piggy but a bunny!

*kate*

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is Dexter, my Daughters bunny! His best friend is my Granddaughter who is 3. She bosses him around all the time and he adores her! He licks her face which she finds hilarious! She also “shared” her Rapunzel dress with him!
9397958D-0991-4C3D-9977-A5E0E429B635.jpegDA5AB66E-AD9F-4B3F-876A-0B13F3450C09.jpeg

He is a free range housebunny who also enjoys free range time in the garden!

I'd love a pair of house bunnies one day. I get serious bunny envy when people post pictures of their adorable hoppy family members here. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

They are an awful lot of work! I had a house bunny for 10 years. She was unbondable, fierce, and an arch destroyer. She destroyed carpets, curtains, wallpaper, skirting boards, architrave, furniture and anything she found on the floor. She was completely house trained. We had corner litter pans in each room downstairs and until she became ancient she never had a stray poop or a wee anywhere. She was territorial, disliked some visitors to our house but adored others. We adored her, but really, the piggies are a lot less trouble.

They are an awful lot of work! I had a house bunny for 10 years. She was unbondable, fierce, and an arch destroyer. She destroyed carpets, curtains, wallpaper, skirting boards, architrave, furniture and anything she found on the floor. She was completely house trained. We had corner litter pans in each room downstairs and until she became ancient she never had a stray poop or a wee anywhere. She was territorial, disliked some visitors to our house but adored others. We adored her, but really, the piggies are a lot less trouble.
This is why I'm waiting until I've brought a house and they can have their own room. I see it as more of a commitment similar to getting a cat or dog and I won't get one until I'm absolutely ready for the challenge.

Ive had rabbits for 30 years, they’ve all lived out but a selected few have come in for running about and cuddles in summer. I currently have an older (8yrs) neutered boy who lives next door to a pair of spayed young girls (9 months old) - I could not cope with them living as house rabbits. My boy comes in in the summer for running around in the living room - his enclosure is plenty big enough outside, but when he was younger he would come in and binky around the living room - and he loves it, runs about, comes for cuddles, but equally enjoys nothing more than attempting to destroy anything he can get his teeth onto (Carpet, newspapers, my coffee table, he’s even attacked our brick fireplace - don’t know what he thought he was going to achieve there!) he does not behave like that outside at all though. The girls, well, there is no way I’d let them in the house....i quite like the walls of my house standing!

My eldest step daughter has always kept house bunnies, all but one have been really well behaved and super house trained :D

Sounds very much like my years with the nutty chinchillas! Thankfully much smaller though so not as much damage! Luigi’s house destroying is nothing in comparison to those two! :xd:

Back