• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Not drinking water

Iggle_Piggle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

2 weeks ago we lost one of our girls leaving our second girl on her own. All of her behaviour is normal and she is still eating plenty and weeing and pooing as normal. But, we have noticed that she doesn't seem to be drinking anything (neither of us have seen her have a drink from her bottle for 2 days). She previously used to drink quite a lot. I have checked her bottle and it is working fine and I am changing her water 1-2 times per day to make sure it is fresh. She is still weeing though so I'm not sure if it just because she is getting all the water she needs from her veg (I feed her twice a day and put 2 slices of cucumber in each time which she pretty much always eats).

Do you think it is something I should be worried about?

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a piggie that’ll go through half a bottle in one day and another boy who only has a couple of trips to the bottle per day, each piggie is different :)

Iggle_Piggle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies :) I have got a vets appointment on weds to get her claws trimmed so I'll get them to check her over at the same time to put my mind at rest but I do think its probably that shes eating more of the watery vegetables now and thats enough (our other piggy used to gobble up all the cucumber before she could lol)

Zanzan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes sounds like she's eating more now she's got it all to herself