• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Not long till Christmas!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilovepiggies

Someone just informed that its only 8 weeks until Christmas!

WOW where did that come form and this time of year always flys aswell :)

8 weeks till christmas better watch Love Actually then that film is just the thing to prep you for xmas i have one present to get and I'm done! YAY! cant wait!

Phew!!!just finished a birthday party for my 11yr old Jess,all my 4 have their birthdays around Xmas,not v gd planning really..........can't think about Xmas shopping yet.............zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

my sons 13 on 21st dec and we have a new baby grandchild due on 26th dec niece is on 18th sis in law 20th 2x wedding annivesarys on 6th and 7th and nephew on 16th father in law 26th and another nephew 27th some how we manage christmas in amongst this lot phew, just think tomorrow we can say its christmas next month ha ha ;D

My oldest son is 13 on the 13th of Dec ,two more with raging hormones ;D,u are going to have a busier time than me feel better now ;)

I haven't started yet; but only as I don't know what is happening about Christmas this year :-\

I haven't started either.

As i work in a card shop we start preparing for christmas in august.

I think i had better start shopping :) Matt leaves the room ;D ;D :D

I am starting to panic a bit now as I really havent thought about it at all! :D

my twin daughters birthdays are this month and my mum and then I have 2 nieces, my dad in December birthdays.

But I have a good bit of my xmas shopping done thankfully.

My handmade Christmas cards are now finished and my other cards are written, so doing well

karen

Got half the presents already, and am just in the process of wrapping them :) I know I'm early, but I like to get it done and then I can sit back and enjoy December with its christmas lights and chocolates and scented candles and herbal tea, while everyone else is rushing around in a mad hurry, trying to get everything done last minute :)

I'm determined to be all done and dusted by the end of this month! Hubby is taking some time off in December so I want us to have some time together without having to worry about Christmas shopping and all that ;)

Still havent done any shopping yet but I have bought the Christmas cards ! ;D

Abnoba said:
Got half the presents already, and am just in the process of wrapping them :) I know I'm early, but I like to get it done and then I can sit back and enjoy December with its christmas lights and chocolates and scented candles and herbal tea, while everyone else is rushing around in a mad hurry, trying to get everything done last minute :)
That sounds really nice. I say every year I'm going to do it early but I never do. If only I knew what to get everybody.

Posted this on the other christmas thread - my way of dealing with all the madness:

Abnoba said:
I start in January to make a word document - first it says BIRTHDAYS and then all the names of friends and family who will get anything, in date order. after that, CHRISTMAS - all the names again.

then during the whole year, if I get a sudden thought "oh she might like that!" I write it down in that list behind the name. Applies to both birthdays AND christmas. For example I found something for my mum in law for christmas in August - I just knew shed like it - so I bought it. Things that have already been bought I put in bold letters.

So when it comes to christmas time, I look at the list, where during the whole year I have already put suggestions for gifts down - and then I just need to go shopping, without the headache to find the right present in a month.

Works well for me :)

Car is going in for an MOT and Service next week.... If it does well then I will start my christmas shopping, if it goes badly, well, I'll have to cancel Christmas for this year :D

I found a great Christmas cake recipe I think I might just be tempted to try it out......

Recipe for Christmas Cake

Ingredients;

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
lots of nuts
1 bottle of vodka
2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the vodka to check for quality.
Take a large bowl, check the vodka again.
To be sure it is the highest quality, pour level cup and drink.

Repeat

Turn on the electric mixer.
Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is shtill OK.

Try another cup.......just in case.
Turn off the mixer.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick fruit off flooor.
Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beatereers pry it loose with a
sdrewscriver.

Sample the vodka to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who givesashz a .

Check the vodka.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven and in the fridge.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the vodka and kick the cat.

Fall into bed.

CHERRY MISTMAS ! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back