Not sure if this is aggression, dominance issues, or somethign else

Retenish

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 relatively new guinea pigs and they are also my first guinea pigs. I got them around 1 month ago neither pig is fixed and as of right now I'm battling a case of ringworm that came with them from the store and haven't been able to seperate them as one sister refuses to eat anything if they aren't together and will starve herself. As of right now Cleo has gotten over her ringworm and has fur regrown and her sister is battling her case of it. Today the now well sister has started doing what I think is teeth chattering I'm not sure and to me it sounds like a chittering sound but then she will climb on her sister while making the sound and I've seen Cleo nibbling Pippa's ear. I haven't found any sort of bleeding or wounds on ether one but have no clue what to do or if it's alright.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sounds like dominance and she may be in season as well. Just leave them to it and don’t separate them either. I hope your other piggy gets better soon. Did you double check their sex? Pet shops unfortunately have a habit of missexing them.

Retenish

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Sounds like dominance and she may be in season as well. Just leave them to it and don’t separate them either. I hope your other piggy gets better soon. Did you double check their sex? Pet shops unfortunately have a habit of missexing them.
Yeah I checked them the second day I had them thankfully tried asking reddit a few things but never really got answers so came her cause I saw a bunch of posts. Thank you for the answer it's been a ride trying to make sure they're happy and learning what I can after the garabage infor the pet shop fed me