• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Not Sure What To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

valsie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sadly, we had to have Rusty pts. He had an infection in both eyes which had spread to his nose, ears and chest and antibiotics were not helping.

This is my dilemma.

Two weeks ago we bought a new baby piggy ( 14 weeks old ) as Rusty lost his companion about 2 months ago.

So now sadly the baby (Ziggy ) is on his own and I'm not sure what to do.

Should I get another baby?
Should I get an older piggy ( perhaps from a rescue centre)?
Should I give Ziggy to a rescue centre ( so that I can get out of the lose/replace cycle)?

I really am at a loss to know what to do for the best and I am grieving for Rusty which is not helping me think clearly.

I would really appreciate any advice/thoughts.

Thank you.

So sorry for your loss. I think you should give yourself some time to grieve then think of what next step you would like to take.

I agree with Julie and then when your ready I'd contact your local rescue's and ask if they can help. I think they might recommend he goes with a younger boar, that's what happened in our case, Storm was around 5 months old and we adopted a piggie who was around 3 months old, my son took him to the rescue so he could be paired properly. It all worked out.

Sadly, we had to have Rusty pts. He had an infection in both eyes which had spread to his nose, ears and chest and antibiotics were not helping.

This is my dilemma.

Two weeks ago we bought a new baby piggy ( 14 weeks old ) as Rusty lost his companion about 2 months ago.

So now sadly the baby (Ziggy ) is on his own and I'm not sure what to do.

Should I get another baby?
Should I get an older piggy ( perhaps from a rescue centre)?
Should I give Ziggy to a rescue centre ( so that I can get out of the lose/replace cycle)?

I really am at a loss to know what to do for the best and I am grieving for Rusty which is not helping me think clearly.

I would really appreciate any advice/thoughts.

Thank you.

HUGS

Perhaps you can talk to Blackberry Patch rescue about any options and see what is going to work out best for you in the end? It is very difficult to make any big decisions so soon after losing a much loved piggy. https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back