Noticed A Lot Of Teeth Chattering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
well, after believing roddy and Nigel were getting on so well, the last 2 nights I've noticed a lot of teeth chattering between them. It appears to be more Nigel doing it, sometimes it starts when they are close to each other, but other times they are at complete opposite ends of the cage? I'm confused and not sure what to do? Does anyone have any advice please?

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately when I was giving out my cuddles this morning, I noticed clumps of fur and roddy has a cut on his lip, so it would seem roddy and Nigel have had a fight :-( I have spoken to the rescue who we are going to see this afternoon to discuss out options and one of the ladies there is a rodentologist or something so is going to check roddys wound. Don't know what's going to happen, I guess they can't stay together any more so will have to wait and see what the rescue say..

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no :( I'm really sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed something can be sorted x

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to read this. I think once they have drawn blood you have to separate them. Such a shame as they are beautiful piggies but sometimes they just can't live together.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Hope you can get a happy resolution at the rescue centre, let us know how you get on.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well sadly, Nigel has been left back at the rescue as we all decided it was in the best interest of the piggies. Only had him a week but quite sad as he was starting to relax and not be so frightened after his bad past. They said they will find Nigel and lady to live with and see how roddy gets on for the moment as they have no baby boys available. Gutted but I guess these things happen.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hope Roddy finds a friend soon. Hugs to you and Roddy, it must have been a difficult decision but you couldn't have kept them together if they didn't get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.