• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nova has passed on to the Rainbow Bridge

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A few days ago, we went to the vet and we got told he got a URI, he got antibiotics and all was fine. He still showed symptoms of a URI, crackle while breathing and others. On Sunday Morning I went over to feed him. Nova was refusing to eat. I searched up what to do and I went to Pets At Home for syringes while leaving Nova with my sister. When I came home ready to feed him, he had already passed on. What did I do? 😭

I’m so sorry for your loss :( please be assured you did nothing wrong. You took him to the vet and gave him medication as prescribed by your vet. There really is no more you could have done

I’m so sorry for your loss. Piggies can go downhill very quickly. Sadly, although many of us have managed to get piggies over a URI, many of us have also lost piggies to URI, also. Please go gently on yourself as you mourn your loss.

So sorry for your loss.
You did everything right in going to the vet and getting the medication.
Sometimes the piggy is too sick to fight the infection.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve

Back