Nutmeg

Hiitshannah

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My beautiful Nutmeg who passed away last night. He survived a major risky surgery removing a bladder stone from his urethra 3 weeks ago - he was under anaesthetic for 4 hours and suffered blood loss, but came home as if it was nothing! Yesterday he survived a second surgery to remove a second stone that had quickly formed, but passed away peacefully 9 hours later at the vets. He was such a kind and beautiful soul, he stayed by the side of his best friend Pumpkin when he became paralysed last year and later died. He instantly took to his new friend Butternut this year. He is the only piggy I’ve had who answered to his name. He was so intelligent and full of life, constantly chatting to himself as he ran around the floor. He will leave an enormous hole in our lives ❤

Attachments

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Oh Nutmeg you where so handsome and clever with it 🌟
I’m so sorry you lost him to another stone, sending hugs
Sleep tight Nutmeg 🌈

weepweeps

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss. You tried everything to save him but sometimes it’s just their time. Take care.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am so very sorry. Unfortunately, it takes several weeks for any dietary and support measures to work their way through. This makes the piggies where the calcium absorption process has gone haywire very vulnerable during that time if their stones are very fast forming. :(

You and your vet have done your best for Nutmeg. So sad that it wasn't enough to save him. However, it was not in yours and your vet's control. You have not failed Nutmeg in any way by giving him two chances.

RIP Nutmeg

You may find these guides here helpful now and in the coming days and weeks:
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children
Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I am so very sorry to hear that your beloved Nutmegg has crossed to the Rainbow Bridge. Huge hugs xx

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
What a lovely tribute to Nutmeg.
It brought a tear to my eye.
He will always have his special place in your heart.
Be kind to yourself as you mourn your special boy.