Nutmeg's memorial

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in the garden and wanted to share my Nutmeg's memorial. We lost her on April 1 after only having her and her sister one year and three months. She was special...and I always knew she would be the one we'd lose first (frequent dentals, then a major abscess surgery, and finally bumblefoot and I think she just had enough)

She's the reason I now have 4 piggies! I really miss her 💕5355297C-51AC-44E2-9379-95A3A8657A45.jpeg90385CC1-2064-4023-8649-93832ECF56CC.jpeg20F07094-3F2E-4EBD-96AD-8E25898202DF.jpeg

LynneMcd

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Nutmeg was a very lucky piggy to have had such a loving home and her resting place is beautiful. I too have lost a sweet piggy, just two days ago; Snowdrop. She was born here in my house and was 5 years old. Her Brother Pinky is now alone and I'm looking for companions for him. I understand your pain and sadness and wish you healing ❤

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Nutmeg was a very lucky piggy to have had such a loving home and her resting place is beautiful. I too have lost a sweet piggy, just two days ago; Snowdrop. She was born here in my house and was 5 years old. Her Brother Pinky is now alone and I'm looking for companions for him. I understand your pain and sadness and wish you healing ❤
✨Snowdrop✨ I'm sorry for your loss, so recently 💕 Beautiful name...those are my favorite flowers!

It took us about 6 weeks to find a new friend for Nutmeg's sister Buttercup. Even though I knew how important it was to find a friend ASAP, and that it wasnt "replacing" the lost piggie, it still brought up a lot of unexpected emotions for me when the new pig came home. Just be gentle with yourself if this happens 💕

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
What a stunning memorial for your beautiful Nutmeg. :hug:
Thank you! In April, there were yellow daffodils all around, and then Irises in May. It's a spot just for flowers among my vegetables and just felt like the right place. There's even a little solar lantern there that comes on at night ✨

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
What a lovely memorial you have created.
Nutmeg may have lived a short life but it was filled with love and that’s what matters.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A wonderful memorial to a pretty little lady that was obviously so loved and cherished. Huge hugs X

sleep well beautiful Nutmeg
X x

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
You guys are so sweet 🥰

Nutmeg always had a bit of a pained look in her eyes. She was herself up untill about 9 hours before I found her. She just went through so many medical issues. The vet had just seen her for her bumblefoot bandage change 2 days before. The vet was nice enough to call me when she saw I reported she passed away. 💕 Her best guess was gastric torsion 😭😭😭 but at least it was quick.

3BA3DF32-AEAE-493B-8B57-22A7568B68D1.jpeg

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
What a lovely memorial garden you’ve built to remember her. It shows how dearly she was loved. Gone but not forgotten. Beautiful x