• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

ocd over the fleece

piggyl0ver

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello ! :)
the way that i have been testing the absorbency of my fleece liners is by shaking my guineapiggies waterbottle over them. Generally the water will pass through immediately, but it will occasionally bead (just a teeny droplet), however if i pour water using a cup onto the liners, rather than shaking the water on them, the fleece will consistently wick perfectly. no matter how many times i wash my liners this always seems to be the case.
this is okay right?
i know it is probably fine, they are just miniscule droplets but i am mentally ill and need reassurance lol.

the way that i have been testing the absorbency of my fleece liners is by shaking my guineapiggies waterbottle over them. Generally the water will pass through immediately, but it will occasionally bead (just a teeny droplet), however if i pour water using a cup onto the liners, rather than shaking the water on them, the fleece will consistently wick perfectly. no matter how many times i wash my liners this always seems to be the case.
i know it is probably fine, they are just miniscule droplets but i am mentally ill and need reassurance lol.

Hi!

Take a deep breath - when piggies pee, it is usually a nice big lake and much more than you expect! The difference between a full and an empty bladder is about 10g. If you have concerns about the water bottle, then just place a drip dish underneath.

I hope that that helps you?

this is okay right?
Hi! I also have OCD and other mental conditions, so I know where you’re coming from and I often share your concerns with my piggies! Like Wiebke has said, your piggies are probably fine and there is no need to stress at all. Hope this helps! :))

Hey! This is exactly what I did when I first made my fleece liners, and the fleece behaved in exactly the same way you described, and I have had no problems with my liners at all! I hope this helps :)

Aww, your guinea pigs are so lucky to have an owner who cares about them so much. I know a thing or two about mental health issues (anxiety and depression) and while it’s no fun for you, I would be willing to bet there are no better cared for pigs in your area ☺️

As long as your guinea pigs are in a safe, warm and draft free environment, the occasional little drop of water will be fine. As it’s only the teeny tiny drops, they are probably too small and light to wick through, whereas guinea pig pee would wick through much more easily as the others above have said. So I’m sure your fleeces are working perfectly and doing their job of keeping your pigs dry and cosy ☺️

Hi!

Take a deep breath - when piggies pee, it is usually a nice big lake and much more than you expect! The difference between a full and an empty bladder is about 10g. If you have concerns about the water bottle, then just place a drip dish underneath.

I hope that that helps you?

thank you, i feel a lot more at ease now :)
also, thank you so much for all the work that you do on this forum, everyone on here appreciates you so much :-D

Hi! I also have OCD and other mental conditions, so I know where you’re coming from and I often share your concerns with my piggies! Like Wiebke has said, your piggies are probably fine and there is no need to stress at all. Hope this helps! :))
Its lovely to know that i'm not alone in this regard :-) thank you so much for the kind words, i really appreciate it! :)

Hey! This is exactly what I did when I first made my fleece liners, and the fleece behaved in exactly the same way you described, and I have had no problems with my liners at all! I hope this helps :)
thanks so much, this made me feel alot more at ease! :-D

Aww, your guinea pigs are so lucky to have an owner who cares about them so much. I know a thing or two about mental health issues (anxiety and depression) and while it’s no fun for you, I would be willing to bet there are no better cared for pigs in your area ☺

As long as your guinea pigs are in a safe, warm and draft free environment, the occasional little drop of water will be fine. As it’s only the teeny tiny drops, they are probably too small and light to wick through, whereas guinea pig pee would wick through much more easily as the others above have said. So I’m sure your fleeces are working perfectly and doing their job of keeping your pigs dry and cosy ☺

I'm so glad to know that i'm not the only guineapig owner that goes through these issues :)) thank you so much for your kind words, i hope that you have a lovely day :-)) ! xx

Back