• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Officially Indoor Piggies

Stripeyrache

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I posted back in August during the heatwave when we moved our brand new piggies indoors to stay cool and I was secretly (or not so secretly) hoping they’d be able to stay in...
They are officially indoor pigs now. We moved the living room around (long story involving the TV) and realised we had plenty of room! And today the girls moved into their C&C cage.
They are nearly 4 months old now and we just love them so much :love:

Attachments

• A9F6928E-1AD3-4868-82B0-742C8E2F6762.jpeg
    A9F6928E-1AD3-4868-82B0-742C8E2F6762.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 28416343-1807-4273-9BEF-BB0E2897EB2A.jpeg
    28416343-1807-4273-9BEF-BB0E2897EB2A.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 42
I posted back in August during the heatwave when we moved our brand new piggies indoors to stay cool and I was secretly (or not so secretly) hoping they’d be able to stay in...
They are officially indoor pigs now. We moved the living room around (long story involving the TV) and realised we had plenty of room! And today the girls moved into their C&C cage.
They are nearly 4 months old now and we just love them so much :love:

You just get so much more interaction with indoors piggies and they become full members of the family before you are aware what has happened... even to those family members that could not imagine it! :)

Gorgeous girls! We love that our boys are indoor pigs especially having them on your living room you get to keep up with all there antics!

I completely agree! I’m still working from home and will be for a good while yet. Everytime I walk to the kitchen I pass the cage and will stop for a ‘hello’ and if I’m lucky I might get a nose to tickle through the cage.
I love that when I go into the kitchen at a certain time of night Delilah will start to squeak because she knows I’m going to get the veggies.
I also think about days like today when it’s poured with rain, and am just very glad we’re all indoors!

Gorgeous girls 😁. All my piggies past and present have lived indoors. It’s a joy to have their company especially in these weird and not so wonderful times

Wow they're beautiful! 😍That's a lovely cage they've got too. I love being able to say hello to my boys eveytime I walk into the kitchen. You just wouldn't have that interaction if they were outside

My piggies were absolutely, 100% going to be outdoor piggies.
We had the hutch and everything.

But they came home in Winter, moved inside for a few weeks, and never left.
Almost five years later and I do not regret having them inside for a minute.
We have the hutch! I don’t know whether to try and sell it or see if we can attach it to the run next summer...

Mine were also outside piggies (my OH is allergic to hay) but they came in over winter to the spare bedroom (so we could keep the hay-air in) and by spring, he suggested they stay in as he liked having the lawn mower in their shed and out of his garage!

What gorgeous girls😍😍
My pigs came inside last October and I wouldn’t have it any other way now, I love going and having chats with them and find that I have interacted with them so much more.
p.s I love the sign on their cage

I'm not really much of an outdoor person myself and although I'm sure I'd venture out more often if there were piggy's out there they get so much more interaction being in the house. But I should warn you about some signs to look assess whether your piggy's living in your house or you are in fact living in your piggy's house.

3 signs your piggy's are taking over
  1. you talk to them/ yourself constantly.
  2. they get fed more often than your family.
  3. there is hay and hair all over the house.
  4. you are no longer grossed out to see poo on your floor.

Lucky piggies and wow a beautiful cage. If we had the room they would be inside too x

I'm currently looking to buy a house and with every one I look at, guess what my first consideration is?! I have discounted so many because there wouldn't be room for the pigs. Every one I see I'm looking for the room measurements to check if the c and c would fit along a wall, and wondering if I could take radiators off to fit them in! I have never felt more like a crazy old guinea pig lady in my life!

Mine are indoors - they have a room to themselves next to my study so there is always plenty of interaction.
It can take a looooong time to get a coffee as so much time is print just standing at the door of their room or kneeling by the cage for a chat.

@Zanzan I totally agree about assessing a house for piggies' needs
@Sweet Potato - that is so funny - but true

I'm currently looking to buy a house and with every one I look at, guess what my first consideration is?! I have discounted so many because there wouldn't be room for the pigs. Every one I see I'm looking for the room measurements to check if the c and c would fit along a wall, and wondering if I could take radiators off to fit them in! I have never felt more like a crazy old guinea pig lady in my life!

I'm in the same situation! I want to get bunnies when we move in as well so I'm double crazy. I don't need a dining room I need a pet room!

Back