• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Oh no, Zoltan!

Good luck Debbie and little Zoltan, hope everything goes well for him 🤞

Zoltan has stayed at the vets, as it would seem he has a problem with his identity!

Zoltan clearly doesn't realise he is a guinea pig and is identifying as a hamster. His cheeks are totally impacted with food and it is caught in all the folds of the cheeks. It is going to take a while to remove! When Kim rang me, she had already removed a lot, but there was much more to come. She said there was grass, veggies and something that looked like chickpeas. Now, Zoltan has never had chickpeas, so I am trying to figure out what it could be. Does anyone have any ideas? Sweetcorn maybe?

oh Zoltan! You really did want to be a hamster didn’t you?!
At least the wonderful Kim will be able to get you right.
No idea re the chick peas...🤔

He's the greediest guinea pig ever and is straight up the bars, not just biting them, but shaking them, if you don't get his food to him quickly enough. I've always laughed about how much he rams into his mouth in one go, but this really is crazy!

Blooming heck Zoltan, you’re very big to be a hamster gorgeous boy!
How strange! But I suppose it is Zoltan, he has to keep you on your toes! Hope Kim can get him all cleaned up and he feels better! xx

Bless him, he’s lucky he had you there to keep him going! I wonder how long he’s been storing it, if it’s just been building over time or if he’s just started? I suppose any veggies probably would’ve started rotting if they’d been there a while 🤔 Is it possible the ‘chickpeas’ could be oats, if you give him them? If they’ve been in there in a moist environment, they might form together and lose their oat-like appearance? Not sure, but it’s the only thing I could think of - what a mystery. I bet this is a first for you, Kim, and Simon!
Thankfully, he’s in the best hands possible. Here’s hoping that it’s put down as being a bizarre one-off experience and that nothing bad lies at the bottom of all that food! :)

Aw poor lad, bet the chick peas are corn that’s started to fester! bet it’s not a nice job for Kim! Gosh you just never know what’s next with these piggies. Hope he’s alright after a good talking to, eat slower slower Zoltan x

Zoltan clearly likes to keep everyone on their toes! Hope Kim manages to clear it all and it's not hiding anything nasty.

Zoltan update - Kim has just phoned. She's removed all the rotting food and as well as having oral thrush, his jaw is still not moving properly, which suggests there is an abscess. He will be having surgery to marsupialise the abscess.

She thinks the brewing abscess caused the jaw to stiffen, which resulted in the impacted food. Hopefully once the abscess is sorted, he can get back on track.

Kim thinks, what she initially thought looked like chickpeas is actually porridge oats.

Oh gosh, poor boy!

We are sending lots of love and healing vibes! Hope the surgery and his recovery go well.
He couldn’t be in better hands with you, Kim and Simon.

Hope he gets back on track soon 💕

Oh poor Zoltan he does seem to have a problem with abscesses. Hopefully now all the food has gone and the abscess marsupilised he will soon get better.

Back