Oh the things I do for my GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiratePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tonight I had to work until 11. I had forgotten that we were on a new schedule for December so my shift came as a bit of a surprise and I didn't make it to the store like I was planning to this afternoon.

So I decided that I would go to the nearby store that is open 24 hours. I don't usually shop there but Athena has to have her veg :) (Most distressingly I had run out of cucumber! There would have been a mutiny!rolleyes)

So after work I walked out to the bus stop. It is below zero out there and I had forgot my mitts. The I watched the bus drive right by me, full. So I call up the bus company only to find out that the next bus would come in 40 minutes.

At this point I called a cab and got a ride to the store.

I loaded up on veggies, her usual cucumber, lettuce and this week parsley as well as some cantaloupe for the two of us. I also grabbed some milk and bread for me so that I would at least have something to eat.

When I got home I put the groceries down just inside the door so that I could get settled.

Thing is that Athena's cage is also right by the door (the door does not lead to the outside, so no cold drafts)

It took me a minute to notice but apparently Athena could smell the veg in the grocery bags and was trying her very best to get to them through her bars. I think she would have started to climb if I had left them there any longer:))

When I finally did notice I gave her some parsley and promptly took the bags into the kitchen so as not to tempt any more possible escape attempts!

Millie's-Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:)):)) When piggies want their veg they want it now.
I could just see Athena thinking, i'm going to get them, oh yes i'm going to get them, oh mummy took the bag away :))

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She has you well trained!
I can't just see her trying to squeeze through the bars or something :))
"I can do it! I'm thin enough to get through- No! Mummy! Come back!"

Reaction score
My Guinea Pigs eat better than i do, there veg comes from Sainsburys, my food comes from the reduced section or value range! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.